D13 Faster GET UP STAND UP animation vanilla friendly (by DarkAngel13)

hishutup

Discussion thread:
D13 Faster GET UP STAND UP animation vanilla friendly by DarkAngel13
Wiki Link

I was talking to UnmeiX about various mods and this one came up and we both realized that this mod isn't included in STEP and I feel that it should be.

It changes the stand up time from the frustratingly long time of ~6sec to an quick ~3sec. This is a must have in my opinion, especially if you use Dragon Combat Overhaul.
  • +1 7

This mod is definitely an improvement.  A hero shouldn't take a minute to get back up after being knocked to the ground.  It's very unhero-like behavior...  And like I believe I heard SRB say a while ago somewhere about this, come on... you have the freaking soul of a dragon.

It's worthy of mention that this animation is much more useful (and necessary) when other mods used alongside it are taken into account; whether it's a challenge-enhancing mod like Revenge of the Enemies or Dragon Combat Overhaul, or one that unlevels enemies, allowing you to run into more Thu'um-spewing deathlords, this improved recovery animation can quickly become an essential fix.

Very interesting and just two animations, no ESPs. This sloooow vanilla get up animation is very annoying. I think that this mod has only one very minor "incompatibility" with RND and same mods: drunken character (when stumbled over) will use that animation too, so it will be quite unrealistic :-)

I'm surprised this isn't already in STEP. The default animation is unnecessarily long. It's an odd choice on Bethesda's part here, making your character groggily stand up. Realistic, perhaps, but I just don't buy that I can shrug off a two-handed battle-axe hit to the face without so much as a flinch or a cut, yet somehow take this long to get up.

As mentioned, it's even more important with some mods that overhaul combat installed, some of which make you fall down more often.

Edited by Harpalus

Very interesting and just two animations, no ESPs. This sloooow vanilla get up animation is very annoying. I think that this mod has only one very minor "incompatibility" with RND and same mods: drunken character (when stumbled over) will use that animation too, so it will be quite unrealistic :-)

This.. I've given this thought. In all honesty, I would have to suggest, to avoid that minor incompatibility, that such needs mods using the vanilla animation should carry a duplicate of said animation set to a different path, used only for drunken falls. It's a bit illogical to limit all of Skyrim's population (while possibly in mortal danger and entirely lucid) to the dexterity of a drunk guy.

Edited by UnmeiX