Photo

Skyrim CTD when Manual Saving(?), Fast Travel and entering/exiting buildings.

ctd skyrim fast travel buildings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zindrozaan

Zindrozaan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys, just coming to you with a bit of an annoyance I've been dealing with for the past month.

I've recently completely restarted my Skyrim game and decided to load all of my mods under Mod Organizer. I installed all of my mods no problem, but upon entering the game I will CTD when fast traveling, entering/exiting buildings and possibly during manual saves (I can't confirm this completely, but it does seem plausible). For the time being I have disabled all auto-save capability in the settings just to make sure, and even after that I've encountered CTD problems.

System Specs: https://wiki.step-pr...aan/SystemSpecs

Mod Manager: Mod Organizer

Load Order:

Are you following STEP?: I don't believe I am.
INI Tweaks?: None.

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue, as I've been struggling with this for the past month and I'm getting sick of it.

Thank you for reading this!

#2 CloakedBreton

CloakedBreton

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Newbie here, and I don't see a response yet.

I take it you use LOOT and LOOT shows no conflicts, uncleaned files, etc.?

#3 Zindrozaan

Zindrozaan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

Yes am using loot. no conflicts.

some files needing cleaned i think

#4 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

That's easy to do with FNVEdit. If you don't have that, grab it.

#5 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

I'm going to ask this simply because the number of new MO users lately that forget, or are unaware of, this is amazing.

Have you installed ALL your mods ONLY with MO and not by any other means, Steam, NMM etc.? Mod Organizer MUST have a clean 'Data' folder to work with and various issues may arise if it can't manage all the assets found there.

#6 Zindrozaan

Zindrozaan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:32 AM

I'm going to ask this simply because the number of new MO users lately that forget, or are unaware of, this is amazing.

Have you installed ALL your mods ONLY with MO and not by any other means, Steam, NMM etc.? Mod Organizer MUST have a clean 'Data' folder to work with and various issues may arise if it can't manage all the assets found there.

As said in the OP post, Mod Organizer was used on a completely fresh install of Skyrim. We made sure that any remnant files were removed.

Also, we will be trying FNVedit. I say we because I am assisting said person locally. So you may notice a distinct change in how OP types.

I personally have experience with Mod Organizer and can't seem to see what the problem is myself. In fact I just recently re-installed and redid my load order for New Vegas with MO no problem. However the person I am assisting with this endeavor is a rather new user to MO.

EDIT: Installed TES5Edit and attempted to run but it doesn't detect any of my mods, for obvious reasons. How does one get TES5Edit to work properly for Mod Organizer?

Edited by Zindrozaan, 26 February 2015 - 03:39 AM.

#7 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

It has to be installed as an executable in MO so it can see the VFS. Check out the wiki for details. I'm on my phone and I can't post the link.

#8 Xaviien

Xaviien

Commander

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:55 AM

EDIT: Installed TES5Edit and attempted to run but it doesn't detect any of my mods, for obvious reasons. How does one get TES5Edit to work properly for Mod Organizer?

It has to be installed as an executable in MO so it can see the VFS. Check out the wiki for details. I'm on my phone and I can't post the link.

https://wiki.step-pr...Recommendations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ctd, skyrim, fast travel, buildings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users