The Ruffled Feather (By SparrowPrince)

Xaviien

New and improved FOMOD has be uploaded to Nexus.

For all STEP Users:

To install this mod (v3.2)... simply download the mod, choose the STEP install option from the first screen, and place it after Realistic Water Two in the 2.G Landscape & Environment section. No need to install the individual files/mods anymore. This means you can skip the follow mods in the v2.2.9 Guide:

• Enhanced Distant Terrain 2
  • Enhanced Distant Terrain
  • Moss Rocks
  • Stalhrim of Skyrim-Fixes
  • Terrain Bump

@Release Coordinators

This also means this mod can be officially accepted and the mods listed above dropped from the Dev Guide.

I'm sure you removed the "textures\landscape\fieldgrass01_n.dds", and I know you added EDT2 DB, but did you add Moss Rocks DB?

[spoiler=Derpy moment]Also will A Quality World Map be moved down the list to be after Ruffled Feather as per SparrowPrince's recommendation? Found the answer to that question elsewhere. I take it QWM will be moved down the order as well.

Just reinstalled RF with the new STEP installer and actually read the instructions. That's what I get for participating while I should be working. Also I should have had more faith in Tech! :lol:

I asked this earlier, but it was in the middle of a long post:

Is there any reason some mods are higher up the install order in STEP, other than conflicts which are shown in the MO information window? Or is it most likely due to previous conflicts with mods that have since been updated, moved or dropped?

Updated OP and wiki page, feel free to check for errors.

I feel like there is another mod that has a STEP option in the installer, and I think it might be listed on the wiki page to select this option, but either I'm mistaken, or it's in the detailed instructions page and I can't find it.

For now I'll just leave the wiki with no instructions.

Edited by Xaviien

Moss rocks db is by a different author.

Thanks. I did notice that when I was initially testing the RF installer, but had forgotten.

@Tech: Did you forget to update the installer to automatically hide the file "textures\landscape\fieldgrass01_n.dds"? Or SparrowPrince's version of that file better now than it was previously?

Also do we need to check things over due to the files that were removed from Terrain Bump?

There seem to be a few files missing such as road/cliff/icicle/glacier etc.

Edited by Xaviien

I'm sure you removed the "textures\landscape\fieldgrass01_n.dds", and I know you added EDT2 DB, but did you add Moss Rocks DB?

I asked this earlier, but it was in the middle of a long post:

Is there any reason some mods are higher up the install order in STEP, other than conflicts which are shown in the MO information window? Or is it most likely due to previous conflicts with mods that have since been updated, moved or dropped?

I feel like there is another mod that has a STEP option in the installer, and I think it might be listed on the wiki page to select this option, but either I'm mistaken, or it's in the detailed instructions page and I can't find it.

Thanks, I actually totally forgot about that texture to be honest. I won't remove the fieldgrass01_n.dds normal so it will still need to be hidden. The reason is size. Doing this for the STEP option would cause another 10MBs to added to the installer. So until I optimize it and do it file by file, that one normal will need to be hidden.

As for the other mod that is Soul Gems Differ which has a STEP option (curiosity of WilliamImm and myself). That's because we take care of maintenance on that mod as well.

There is an issue with the EDT -Dragonborn option installing to the wrong folder. I'll have to reupload the mod. NMM user are having an error that MO isn't producing so I'm downloading NMM to test it out.

I think the EDT 2 DB issue is only occurring with the STEP option, but I might be wrong.

I did notice it was going into a Dragonborn folder instead of DLC02, but wasn't sure if it was just me, and by the time I had redownloaded and reinstalled, I'd forgotten and was looking for the Terrain Bump differences I edited in my last post.

I also seem to have mentioned fieldgrass01_n twice in 2 posts. Must be bedtime. I'll update the RF instructions first though.

Mod is reuploading as I speak and will be up in a few minutes. Fixed the issue for NMM users (reminded why I love MO so much) and corrected the EDT Dragonborn Addon installing to the wrong folder.

The NMM issue was just an extra tag within a single tag. You can technically only have one, but MO is like, "oh look an error...who cares! I'm going to display it and install it anyway". NMM is like, "OMG an ERROR!!!! I don't know what to do! STOP extraction and installation NOW! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!"  ...okay, I exaggerate but you get the idea.