Trying to get D3DGear recording software to work for Let's Play

hazelwolf

Question

Hi,

I want to record some Let's Play footage and thought I'd give D3DGear a bash. Having tested it on a load of other Steam games everything worked very seamlessly.

Then I get to Skyrim, run SKSE from MO as per usual and nothing comes up.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone recommend a fix or know how I should set it up? 

9 answers to this question

Usually there is simply a hotkey to press to start recording. FRAPS does this in the background. Just hit a hotkey and done. If you have Nvidia, you can also use ShadowPlay, but in my experience ShadowPlay either alters the colors in some way due to it's container/encoding/compression or doesn't capture the ENB alterations. I haven't done much testing, but FRAPS has always been my go-to program for all capturing.

Never heard of D3DGear.

I'll have to try it I use Bandicam which IMO does Shadowplays job better than Shadowplay since it takes advantage of the same thing Shadowplay does but it has better codecs and bitrate options.

After testing out the trial version of Bandicam I may just go for that instead rather than dicking about with enb again >.<

Not sure if I'll have to set up a full screen windowed mode of Skyrim in order to be able to operate it though.

Edited by hazelwolf

Why don't you use MSI Afterburner? I've been using it for a LONG time, and it's just about perfect. It's free, lightweight (as far as I can tell), easily configured. And it doesn't come with any performance hit (or very insignificant one). I've been using it to record Battlefield 4 footage and had no problems. It can record anything really.