Skyrim Child Overhaul (by Hallgarth)

TechAngel85

From what I've tried out so far (don't need to bother with RS children since I use it in my personal profile) Rustic Children is the only one I can in good conscience recommend for STEP currently. Skyrim Child Overhaul is in my opinion simply not mature enough and apart from the non-voiced deal the morphs need work, if it had more options and the bugs were worked out and more work put it it might be a contender ideally something allowing for the combining of the textures of something like Prince and Pauper or Rustic Children with Skyrim Child Overhaul would be great.

Well, it is a WIP and some of those issues are being taken care of as we speak. I'm going to hold off on a STEP recommendation for a bit to see how this develops. I've already put it in my personal mod list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anybody noticed the following message on the mod page:

I've been checking conflicts for them and have already offer to help anywhere I can. Most of the work seems to need to be done in creating the plugin(s) and texture/mesh/morph work.

I typically don't do that because my work here on STEP is typically full; however, I'm a bit passionate at what this mod aims to do and think it's the perfect child overhaul while staying vanilla/lore friendly.

I've been checking conflicts for them and have already offer to help anywhere I can. Most of the work seems to need to be done in creating the plugin(s) and texture/mesh/morph work.

My bad. I posted that after reading the front page, THEN went to the comments, and saw you helping lol.

• 1 year later...

Realize this is an old thread, but as a long-time STEP user I have to say it's truly unfortunate this mod is not being developed further.  Apparently the author has turned it into a modders resource, so if anyone felt like taking up this fight, we could have a truly epic child mod on our hands.... sadly, it appears as though Rustic Children is the best option for STEP otherwise.  We need to convince Gamwich to finish SCO, if you ask me.

I have to say it's truly unfortunate this mod is not being developed further. 

Im just looking at 'children' this evening, and there's been a whole raft of patchs released for Skyrim Children Overhaul just last month https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73932/? Have you seen them or tried them?

SCO has a more far interesting look, I'd say, but its not a Gamwich mod.  You may be confusing SCO with the Rustic Children Overhaul, which is certainly trademarked Gamwich.

It is a shame this mod never came to bare it's full fruit. The patches are simply patches between SCO and over mods, which is a fairly easy thing to do in xEdit. However, there hasn't been any actual work on the mod itself, which had some issues remaining. I can remember a few children's mouths no moving with speaking and at least one with a black face (which the author never could figure out the reason for).

Im just looking at 'children' this evening, and there's been a whole raft of patchs released for Skyrim Children Overhaul just last month https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73932/? Have you seen them or tried them?

SCO has a more far interesting look, I'd say, but its not a Gamwich mod.  You may be confusing SCO with the Rustic Children Overhaul, which is certainly trademarked Gamwich.

No I'm saying SCO is an incredibly promising mod, but it has been abandoned by it's author.  If you check the nexus page, you will see that the author has recently elected to declare SCO a modders resource, meaning anyone can take what he's done and run with it.  Thereby, I say let's convince the incredible Gamwich to take up this abandoned mod, and create the definitive child overhaul mod for Skyrim.

.... and if that's not clear, it's a joke.  The point is that I love the concept, and it really deserves to be finished.  I plan to start teaching myself modding in the near future, but my guess is that resolving what's going on there would be beyond my currently non-existent level of skill, or I would take up the project myself.

Edited by baronaatista