NSFW: Lore-friendly Bodies

For now, do that, yes. You might not need to install XPMS (XP32 Maximum Skeleton), as its in STEP Extended

I'll try to update the original post with simpler instructions later today. For BodySlide:

- Run BodySlide.

- Choose "CBBE Body HDT" for Outfit/Body (or CBBE Body if you don't want HDT)

- Choose "Lore-Friendly Body Overhaul" for the preset. If you don't see it, then my .xml file isn't in the SliderPresets folder.

- Click Build (not in Batch Build, just the Build button front and center)

- Find the new meshes folder inside of Skyrim/Data (or ModOrganizer/Overwrite), and copy and paste it over top of your CBBE installation.

That's all, as far as building the body goes. You only need to click "Batch Build" if you're generating outfits. If you are, its as simple as clicking Batch Build, unselecting everything (right-click, unselect all), re-selecting only what you want to generate, and then clicking Build. Most of the setup process is just installing the Bodyslide files necessary for those outfits and armor to show up when you click "Batch Build".

Edited by Harpalus

But XMPS need to overwrite CBBE? Thats why I thought it's better to install it again/move it.

If I ctrl-click instead of just click build, does it end up in the mod folder instead of skyrim/data? Not sure what it outputs, just so I catch all files.

Edited by dreadflopp

CBBE does not install a skeleton by default, and I apologize for the confusion. You only need the XP32 Maximum Skeleton if you're using HDT. You don't need to worry about it otherwise. Don't worry about needing XPMS to overwrite CBBE or anything like that: that was misinformed advice on my part. (Sorry!). I've updated the main post with (hopefully) much better instructions and less rambling, and listed exactly what options to select for CBBE and Practical Armor.

I've never ctrl-clicked inside of BodySlide, so I don't know what it does. Just left-click as normal, and it will appear inside of Skyrim\Data if you're running it from outside of Mod Organizer, and into ModOrganizer\Overwrite if you added it to the list of MO executables and ran it from there. Everything it generates will be inside of a "meshes" folder. The simplest solution to keep track of what's what is to make sure that you don't have a meshes folder inside of your standard Skyrim installation (if you're using Nexus Mod Manager, you're out of luck) or inside of your Overwrite folder before you start. That way, the entire "meshes" folder will be what BodySlide generated. I've updated the instructions to include all of this. Again, thank you for the feedback regarding confusing instructions!

Edited by Harpalus

Got everything installed correctly i hope. It looks good in game. Just did some quick testing today, will do some more gameplay testing tomorrow. The body was good even though I would like if we could have even more muscles but that's hard if I understand you. There was quite a big difference between light and heavy weight though and a nice change to see this slider impacting muscle size instead of breast size. I had one problem though, a terrible neck seam. I tried by installing the STEP female overhaul textures (wip) and the neck seam was gone. 

I should probably just play the game instead of attempting to use this, but I just gotta try. Would there be an issue using th CBBE Nevernude?

If you don't want nudity, you should be able to install everything according to my instructions. Then at the end, in BodySlide, instead of choosing "CBBE Body HDT", choose "CBBE Nevernude". Skip the HDT instructions.

Edited by Harpalus

When selecting CBBE Nevernude, it doesnt allow me to select your preset. Your preset shows up if I select another CBBE option.

Sorry! I should have tested first. The fix is easy. Open up Lore-Friendly Body Overhaul.xml in notepad and change this:

<Preset name="Lore-Friendly Body Overhaul" set="CBBE Body HDT">

to this:

<Preset name="Lore-Friendly Body Overhaul" set="CBBE NeverNude">

EPgQzxq.jpg

In an unrelated note, I'm finding that I prefer NSFW: True Daughters of Skyrim to Mature Skin. I've updated the front post accordingly, and hopefully that will also fix any neck seam issues people have when following along. I still need to post some proper comparisons at some point.

Edited by Harpalus

Are you planning on making this a pack on the wiki, Harpalus? It looks like you have put some serious work into this, so you could start making a page for it if you would like to. Let me know and I'll give you the access to start messing with the pack page.

If having a NSFW pack on the wiki is acceptable, then I am interested in making a page for it. Thank you! With that being said, now is not the best time. I'll get back to you when I'm ready to put things on the wiki. I still have a fair amount of work ahead of me. A disappointing number of outfits have clipping issues, for a start. I'll have a fair amount of work to do in Outfit Studio fixing these issues, and I can't really get started on that until I finalize the sliders (the female body shape). I won't be distributing a body mesh until the sliders are finalized so the instructions are a little too complicated at present for broad dissemination.

At the moment I'm going to wait for a little while in order to give people time to give some feedback, and I'll continue making mental notes on what I want to include. I already have a short list of additions in mind.

Edited by Harpalus

Sorry! I should have tested first. The fix is easy. Open up Lore-Friendly Body Overhaul.xml in notepad and change this:

<Preset name="Lore-Friendly Body Overhaul" set="CBBE Body HDT">

to this:

<Preset name="Lore-Friendly Body Overhaul" set="CBBE NeverNude">

Thanks. This made allowed your preset to show up for me.

So I did more texture work for this pack. That happened. This one took me a while, too. I fixed up the default better male Khajiit texture to almost eliminate the texture seam, which was very noticeable. Then, because the normal map was still bad looking, I fixed up the Muscular Khajiit normal map to match it.

NSFW: Khajiit Male preview

The focus has been (and will continue to be) on women because they're the ones with the unfortunate weight slider and sexualized armor. Men require comparatively less work, but the male beast race textures were a bit of a sore point. That has now been remedied. I didn't draw anything from scratch, I merely cobbled together from other sources. Hopefully they check their inbox sometime, because otherwise I just fixed up textures for relatively little reason.

Edited by Harpalus

I know from experience it can take a while for authors to get back to you with permissions to use their resources. The STEP Female Overhaul has many resources available to it that authors very willingly opened up to STEP. The texture is a mixture of Wingsong Skyrim Character Overhaul and Mature Women textures. The normals are a magnitude from various resources from various mods...they are all used for the body tone.

This is looking good. Best of luck!

Some more rambling thoughts ahead.

I would absolutely love to see this.  A true muscle/strength slider for females along with practical female armors would be amazing. 

I'd really like to see it based on the vanilla body or the STEP version of the vanilla body, though.  With the exception of CNHF, most of the female body mods have anatomical issues (like ignoring the existence of pelvic bones).

I'm close to releasing a stable version of this pack based on the vanilla female body. I'm currently waiting on some permission messages to get back to me. As I mentioned earlier, however, I'm unable to fix the muscle slider issue without a modified body. Nevertheless, seeing the work ahead of me for my modified meshes, I knew I needed to release a "vanilla body" version or else this project might languish. To be fair, the vanilla body meshes aren't quite as bad as I've made them out to be, on further reflection: it is true, however, that the most noticeable impact of the weight slider is on breast size.

I haven't abandoned the muscle slider goal: I'm still hoping for feedback on my sliders, and I'll be slowly trying to fix the issues with it. The issues are many, when it comes to clipping, and I'll never be able to support all armor and clothing. I'm not even going to be able to support all vanilla armor and clothing.

Upon further reflection, I'm also going to drop the "Character Overhaul" portion of the mod to maximize compatibility and minimize patches. The first stable release will not include Pumping Iron either, as the weight slider/breast size slider hasn't been addressed. While the muscle slider goal has been temporarily put on hold (pending work and feedback), the release will still make use of Practical Female Armors and a custom version of Genderless Helmets (pending permission) to minimize armor variations between men and women. I'm also still waiting for permission on my modified Argonian male textures.

Again, I haven't abandoned my primary goal for this mod: I'm just releasing a stable version of what I can to see how people like it. I'm not certain everybody will even want to use the modified body after I release it anyways, given its lack of compatibility with most armor and clothing.

Edited by Harpalus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.