SR:LE + REGS + Requiem Question

I haven't been able to find an appropriate answer to this question, so I decided to finally just ask. And yes I did see the part in the SR:LE Guide about his computer setup, but was still trying to find out if the one I have would currently run it, or if there are things I should do differently to avoid issues, so I attached a copy of my DxDiag report for reference but I will post the general specs here as well:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel i5-4670k
nVidia 760 GTX (MSI 2GB Edition)
8GB RAM

What I am trying to avoid is rampant CTD's that I have read other people using SR:LE having, which I would assume is caused by both improper installation of the mods as well as lower hardware specs.

DxDiag.txt

Ah, okay. I'll use lower-res texture packs. Also in the guide it recommends that I extract .bsa files, but doesn't specify. So should I just let Mod Organizer do it every time the window asking me to pops up?

And, what does extracting them do, exactly? Since it's not really explained well. I would ASSUME that it would use the extracted files instead of the .bsa to reduce load order, but I could be wrong.

Yes. The first time it pops up, it'll ask you if you want to extract this BSA. There will be a note on it asking if you want to see this popup again. If you don't then click it. 

A BSA is a particular archive. They can contain textures, meshes, Animations, Interface Elements in some form. If you need to 'hide' a file that's packed into a BSA, then unless you extract it, you can't. That's one reason.

Another reason is that loose files take precedence over those in a BSA. 

In a nutshell, extracting them just gives a bit more flexibility over file control.

Alright, so I got to the part about DDSopting Falskaar / Wyrmstooth, would it be better to do the 8192x8192 or should I drop it a bit lower? I was thinking 4096x4096, since I plan to essentially do 1 step below what they suggest as far as texture-related things.

Alright I've finished installing SR:LE / REGS up to the conflict resolution patch part. I downloaded the SR Conflict Resolution Patch but in the compatibility portion of the SRLE / REGS guide it said I will have to do the conflict resolution on my own. Now I've watched the tes5edit authors video on conflict resolution but I don't quite get it, like when the conflicts are listed in the guide I can't find them. Not sure how to look, or if my filter settings should be different because I saw a partial list online of tags that merge automatically or something...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.