Battlefield: Hardline

Neovalen

Battlefield: Hardline, the new cops and robbers first person shooter from Visceral Games / DICE based on the Frostbite 3 engine. Up to 64 player mayhem in the streets.

Warning: Video Contains Language Inappropriate For Work and/or Children

I just ordered the ultimate edition this game, hefty price tag but in my opinion Premium is worth it for the perks. I was not sold when it was announced and the first beta was fun but lackluster. However, the recent open beta completely sold me. The new game modes / theme are awesome fun for just non-stop action. The setting is obviously not overly realistic but that does not really detract from it for me. The single player has a decent chance of being good for once since Visceral games is the lead designer on this one.

I know some people here on this forum also play Battlefield 4 which I play pretty much every other day at least (656 hours and counting...). Curious to know if you guys will also be getting the game, and if so, shoot me a friend invite on Origin and lets hang out and have some fun. Unfortunately most of my real life friends are not video gamers so I'm always short of people to play with.

I wish I had the time to get into games like this, but sadly I do not. STEP takes a lot of my free time and the rest is spent with those flesh and blood friends. It would be awesome if I could live off off 2-3 hours sleep instead of the 6-7 hours I have to have to function. Speaking of, I work in the morning and should really be getting to that sleep thing.

This is probably the sh*ttiest game from the entire franchise. I don't understand how can they ask money for this junk. The first beta looked horrible, and the next one was just as bad. I watched some streams on Twitch the day it was released and I was like what the hell? This is the state of the game shortly before release?

It's basically lousy Battlefield 4 ripoff - extremely lousy graphics, subpar animations, stupid setting (allright that's a personal taste). Most people were also saying it gets old extremely quickly, which wouldn't surprise me.

It's a kind of interesting concept, but in the end probably a big fail. But I am sure loads of people will buy it simply because it's from the Battlefield series.

I am sticking with BF4 (just have to wait for a patch to patch the latest patch that broke just as much as it fixed ::(:).

Edited by Octopuss

Looks like it could have a bit of potential, but as with anything coming out of EA I just do not really feel like it is worth the price tag. Have to say I am impressed how they manage to make titles that appeal in just the right way to make people keep throwing that premium their way. At least considering how many other games are out there are being cheaper at release. 

That aside then my first thoughts on this is.... looks a bit like what happens if you had michael bay get drunk, and playing CS for a week. Most people will be able to appreciate the terrorists vs cops theme, it is a classic after all. 

It looks like they are trying to get a few interesting spins into the various game modes. I do find the perma death modes somewhat appealing though. In my experience it tends to make gameplay a bit more intense. However it also have a tendency to make people camp...since they either do not know how to play the game, or just hope for that lucky break campers get ever so often. 

Also calling the graphics for lousy.... what world are you living in ? Other than the animation issue which is a bit funny this does have more or less all of the current graphical fidelity that there is a point in putting into a fast paced FPS. I would love to hear what games you mean have the better graphics than this currently? 

It is not like the frostbite engine is hopelessly outdated already... at least it is not like skyrim was when it was released... which had really bad graphics for the time of release. 

This is probably the sh*ttiest game from the entire franchise. I don't understand how can they ask money for this junk. The first beta looked horrible, and the next one was just as bad. I watched some streams on Twitch the day it was released and I was like what the hell? This is the state of the game shortly before release?

It's basically lousy Battlefield 4 ripoff - extremely lousy graphics, subpar animations, stupid setting (allright that's a personal taste). Most people were also saying it gets old extremely quickly, which wouldn't surprise me.

It's a kind of interesting concept, but in the end probably a big fail. But I am sure loads of people will buy it simply because it's from the Battlefield series.

I am sticking with BF4 (just have to wait for a patch to patch the latest patch that broke just as much as it fixed ::(:).

Is this from watching twitch or playing the game?

Hardline doesn't look like anything more than a mod for BF4, and as such, the graphics are pretty crappy. You'd think the graphics would be at least just as good as BF4, especially considering the ridiculous hardware requirements and the fact that the game is 2 years newer, but no. And so do the animations. Same engine and I am sure a lot more than just that. That's one hell of a lousy job to me.

But hey, keep the negative rep coming, having an opinion is clearly an offence.

I would still love to hear something concrete about what you think is bad, and what is better currently! 

As for the rep. I guess it is because you are fairly... lets say blunt in your criticism, without really going into specifics.   

The negativity around this game was a bit expected, for some reason I have yet to fathom people call this game a BF4 DLC. Anyone who does has absolutely no clue about actual game/software design or what it takes to make new content. They also likely spent 30 minutes or less to evaluate the game and/or provide constructive feedback in either beta other than "This Sucks"/"Should have been DLC". Personally played each beta for 20+ hours and can safely say this is not the case and is definitely a breath of fresh air.

People also seem to forget that Battlefield has a single player element in addition to the excellent multiplayer. Replay ability in single player is always lacking but it's always been worth at least one full playthrough for the story(however Michael Bay/Hollywood) in my opinion.

That said Hardline adds a lot in the gameplay department with the new game modes and I'm fairly confident will be stable at launch. Hotwire, Heist, and Blood Money were all a total pulse pounding blast to play. For once I actually think Conquest will take a back seat.

Another point: This is a spinoff game. It's not like everyone will jump from BF4 to BF:H... they are fundamentally different games and likely aimed at slightly different audiences. I actually expect to see new blood in this game.

Ofc. it is to be expected since it is EA... When a company have most of its games being "minor updates" released at full price yearly then that sort is inevitable. 

Sadly I do not have the money to spend on this, otherwise it would most likely be fun to accidentally throw grenades near your general position! :) 

Now this is an awesome Easter egg.

On another note, here is some single player gameplay.

Both videos are recorded on XBOXOne(720p). Apparently PS4 will be 900p and ofc PC as high as you want. Also, Youtube compression doesn't help. From my experience, PC looks much better graphically.

I tend to play the single player stories on these more than online. I have BF3 and have never played online. I find online to be mainly bad experiences filled with frustration because it seems like 98% of the players are "experts" so you get killed before you can enjoy the game.

From my experience, singleplayer is horrible (and it makes perfect sense, it's there as a kind of byproduct or something) and you're not really supposed to buy the game(s) for it. Sure it's your money, but it's like grabbing Tour de France bike to do cross-country.

Yes large amounts of players are good, and much better than you. It's something you have to accept. It's pretty frustrating in the first maybe 20 hours of gameplay until you start to get the hang of it. I am an extremely bad player myself. I've played the game (BF4, but I played BF3 as well) for 260 hours, my K/D is still not even 0,8 and my stats are just terrible. I wanted to play though, so I had to accept the fact I can never be good at the game, and have as much fun as I can within the limitations.

Also, the best you can do is play with some friends, because while most players seem (or actually are) better than you, they are hopelessly retarded and there is no teamplay whatsoever, and that's what frustrates me much more than having lame hands (at this point after some time played).

I only played the singleplayer to unlock campaing-specific guns and I hated every second of it.

Edited by Octopuss