Missing Masters error when running Spears by Soolie Patcher with Custom Race

DrifterDQ

Question

Hello, (and I apologise for the wall of text.)

Firstly, I am a Mod Organizer user and have been one for months. I've successfully installed Real Shelter, Dual Sheath Redux, TAZ and Project Reality ENB by following GamerPoets videos on Youtube, but that's as far as I know that I've kept with the conventions of STEP. It would be remiss, if I didn't tell you all that first off. If you can't help me for that reason I understand. I don't believe any more details are relevant for this particular issue. That said I will be happy to include more detail if required. I've been looking for answers on the Skyrim Mods subreddit, but I've found none there.

I'm currently having a problem with completing the Skyproc patching process for "Spears by Soolie" with "Predators - The Lost Tribes installed. Specifically, when running the patcher I receive this error...

"skyproc.exceptions.MissingMaster: (any esp that has Lost Tribes as a master) has some missing masters: - PredatorsLostTribesV1.esp."

Thing is, the active PredatorsLostTribesV1.esp. has always preceded the files that required it every time I ran the patch. In fact, I've made sure of it. I run all my patchers individually through SUM making sure that neither LOOT or BOSS run before it, thus potentially interfering with the load order. That didn't work. Then when I disabled the esps that needed Lost Tribes, the patching completes properly.

Unfortunately, when looking at the resulting patch with TES5Edit, the PredatorsLostTribesV1.esp didn't appear as a master, so consequently the patch doesn't create the new "spear races" needed for the custom Predator races to use the new spear/javelin animations. Interestingly, the non-playable enemy races in the "Skyrim Immersive Creatures" mod like the Golden Saints were patched to now have "spear races". So some custom races do get patches, but I don't know why.

Now I'm not an expert on this subject, but it is as if the Spears By Soolie patcher doesn't recognise the lost tribes esp. I can put the Spears by Soolie esp at the bottom of my 189 mods, and the patcher will stop right as it is about to finish, because it erroneously declares my TES5edit merged patch (which almost directly precedes the spear esp) is missing the PredatorsLostTribesV1.esp. This mod seems to be uniquely affected by this issue, at least in my load order.

Once the patcher does recognise it, then I think the problem will be solved. I've tried repackaging the Predator mod as a loose files version instead of a bsa. That made no difference. I've also tried to compare esps that were recognised in the creation kit, but I didn't really know what to look for.

Most other patcher troubleshooting posts that discuss missing masters refer to esms; furthermore, I don't think I've read anyone with this exact problem before with the relatively new Spears patcher. I've reached the limits of what I can do, basically. Can anyone with any knowledge of Skyproc patchers help me at all? Before anyone asks it is only the Soolie Spears patcher for me that has this problem, I've been able to successfully run PaMA and DSR with the Lost Tribes mod enabled.

9 answers to this question

Sorry for the double post, but I fixed my problem! What I did first was create a test profile with only the Soolie Mod and the official DLC installed, then I ran the spears patcher which only had those files as a master. After the spears patch, I then enabled the Lost Tribes mod. Then I created a compatibility patch in the Creation Kit which resolved manually to create the custom spear races and convert spear and javelin weapons.

So far converting the predator weapons has been an almost complete success. The animations work with the standard races for both spears and javelins. Unfortunately, I'm having the "floating head" glitch for my custom spear races, but there are fixes for that.

Thanks for the help! I'm not being facetious, at least there were people on this forum that heard me out and tried to help. 

First off, before you start make sure you MO/overwrite directory is empty (backing up any custom made patches if any). Then run LOOT or BOSS to sort your mods. Run FNIS is you have any animation/skeleton mods. Create your BASH patch but check to make sure your mods listed are all labeled GREEN. For any mods listed RED you are missing masters and you will have to fix (it could be they are missing or they are out of order). For any mod shown as ORANGE, open TES5Edit -> right click on the mod list and select none -> select the mod BASH showed ORANGE  -> after loading select the mod by right clicking on it and select "sort masters". Then run SUM, doing the following:

1. Do NOT use merge patches with SUM, it will fail.

2. Under SUM options un-select run LOOT and perhaps increase the amount of memory SUM can use.

3. Go through the individual patcher options and select the options you want.

4. Finally close SUM it is should create your SkyProc patches. (sometimes you may have to run more then once if it fails).

Alternately if SUM fails, you can run all your SkyProc patches individually. Finally if you have multiple profiles, on the left pane on the very bottom, right click the overwrite directory and select mod and name it something appropriate for your current profile. Make sure to check the created mod on the right pane.

Thanks, there were some orange mods in my load order that needed sorting, but unfortunately the critical mods were all green. I follow points 1-4 for all my patches too, but once again I got the same error with my original load order and the LOOT sorted order.

It sounds preposterous, but it just seems to me that the patcher just doesn't recognise Lost Tribes.  

Yes, I've properly packaged the Spears By Soolie mod and patched it with FNIS appropriately. I know this because I've been able to get it to work on profiles with vanilla characters. Those occasions however, I didn't have Lost Tribes mod active when the Soolie patcher was running.

Edited by DrifterDQ