Problems Creating Advanced Companions GECK/MO

tyraelmodding

Question

Hello,

I am having problems with the advanced companion creation guide by Caprius. I was able to follow this guide before and create a couple of working companions when I used it with NMM. However I figured I would give it a go using the GECK through MO. I've created a couple companions following the guide but no matter what I do, I just can't get the dialogue hiring options working. My created companion greets me and that's all. This is really frustrating because I made three companions and none of them work. I tested the companion esp Caprius provied and it aslo has the same problem. I know I should've tested that first before making three companions. :/ What am I missing here? How do I make the companion esp work with GECK and MO?

Thanks for any help it's appreciated.

4 answers to this question

The general MO- Fallout subforum is probably better than the F&L sub. I'll move it so someone who might know more about using the GECK with MO might be able to help.

In my own experience, I always had to use the nvse to load the GECK or I couldn't stuff to work.

Not sure what exactly is the issue here, I rarely (read never!) use the GECK so my understanding of it is scant but basically if you can load the load order as shown in MO into GECK you should have all the functionality of using it outside of MO.

The only proviso here is if any tools called from GECK, perhaps to do with scripting, are 64bit (I can't imagine any are given the age of the tool) these wont work.

This is just a thought off the top. In adding the dialogue script if you are directing the tool to use a path that exists outside of the MO VFS, when you run it in game that path will be different. Make sure all the paths are to locations that exist in the game as defined by MO.

If you could paste your work here in a link to a storage page or similar, someone might be able to check things on another setup?