Collection of graphical bugs, including double-iris and purple bodies

Thiero

Question

After playing F&L for a while, I ended up encountering some graphical errors. Most are small things, barely worth mentioning, like smoking characters will keep their mouth in a strange "O" shape while talking unless I exit and wait for them to stop smoking. But some are a bit more immersion breaking. The most prominent is that some characters will have strange, purple bodies with normal toned heads, which I can only guess is a problem with Robert's body mod (my own character, and all others not in Freeside seem fine though). I did not encounter this glitch in anywhere except Freeside so far, but I have only explored a small potion of the Mojave.

The second most annoying graphical error, is the extreme contrast between the skin tone of the heads of some female characters, and their bodies. While the male body problem was far more noticeable, the  female body one is more widespread, and occasionally it won't just be difference in tone, but the head will be too big for the body. I assume this is a conflict of some kind with the type3 body for females.

Also, willow has a rather strange "double-eye", where she seems to have to irises joined at their edges, framed by red. I have checked other character's and she seems to be the only one suffering from it (although in character creation I noticed than many optional eyes would result in the player character having the same issue, blocking most choices).

And lastly, sometimes when wearing power armor, particularly T-51b, the shoulders do not move correctly with the rest of the armor when drawing certain weapons, The shoulders still move, just dislocated, suspended above the character as if the weapon were not drawn. It isn't as bad while standing, but crouching seems to amplify its strange positioning. This only happens with certain weapons, like the Gauss Rifle.

Also, some objects will have a floating black/green box above them.

o5OSNnz.jpg32mCpoH.jpgpBKe432.jpgkW9RcWM.jpgMRdDyOy.jpgzEKAILM.jpgikPPint.jpg6VWWKL6.jpg

Don't retick any. Those plugins that Wrye Flash unticks are the ones that were completely merged to Bashed Patch. This helps you reduce the size of the load order since the limit is 140.

So what should I do about the low-quality generic heads and discolored bodies?

Edited by Thiero

Probably has to do with some mods not being properly tagged for Bashed Patching. You won't get rid of the purplish black people look until the next update to Roberts or FCO. I think that the mod authors said they just haven't done a godd enough job with those textures. NVR3 should take care of the heads. Not sure why it wouldn't.

You'll never get rid of the seems though. That is here to stay. 

Honestly, the seems were really good after I put the roberts textures in their own mod folder and unticked all the fco plugins. However because that meant that the bashed patch would have conflicts I had to put all the plugins in optional, then activate the "No NPC Edits.esp", then recreate bashed patch. After that I encountered the low-res head textures and a neck seem almost as bad as before unticking the FCO plugins.

Honestly, the seems were really good after I put the roberts textures in their own mod folder and unticked all the fco plugins. However because that meant that the bashed patch would have conflicts I had to put all the plugins in optional, then activate the "No NPC Edits.esp", then recreate bashed patch. After that I encountered the low-res head textures and a neck seem almost as bad as before unticking the FCO plugins.

That is really strange as I have not encountered this issue before. :\ It should be fairly simple to revert back to the way it was before though. I guess the only way to solve this would be to disable NVR3 completely. But I guess that is a personal preference. I am sorry that my advice only made things worse. :$ 

That is really strange as I have not encountered this issue before. :\ It should be fairly simple to revert back to the way it was before though. I guess the only way to solve this would be to disable NVR3 completely. But I guess that is a personal preference. I am sorry that my advice only made things worse. :$ 

It's alright. It could be my inexperience with using one or more modding tools. My problem now is that if I revert to just unticking the FCO plugins, MO detects an error with the bashed patch. I didn't actually encounter any errors when playing, but I only played for 10 mins to look for obvious problems.

It's alright. It could be my inexperience with using one or more modding tools. My problem now is that if I revert to just unticking the FCO plugins, MO detects an error with the bashed patch. I didn't actually encounter any errors when playing, but I only played for 10 mins to look for obvious problems.

Anytime you add remove plugins you need to regen the bashed patch.

At this point I think I may have to redo most of F&L. All textures/meshes are fuzzy around the edges, and some npcs will randomly cause strange lines(sort of look like the models get stretched out or something. Thought it was an AA bug, but I double checked the default inis, the MO inis, and the enb ini and everything seems in order) that appear for a millisecond then return to normal. Because of all the time that it took to get to the point I am, I think I'll just quit. I'm obviously not cut out for modding FNV, maybe someday I'll try again. It sucks because the game worked fine, with the exception of the discolored bodies, a few days ago, but now everything is messed up. 

Fuzzy if AF not AA. Check that you don't have multiple sources of AF, driver, enb, and game launcher.

All of the INIs have anisotropic filter set to 0 except ENBLocal.ini, which has it set to 16. Also, the word "lnes" may have been misleading. The correct word is probably "flicker", it is too fast to take a screenshot of however.

Screen 1 shows another shot of the purple body. Screen 2 was the best one i could take of the "fuzzy" look, it's still best noticed while observing movement. Screen 3 shows the values for IMaxAnisotropy in various INI files.

IRr9I6W.jpgdC2gMBM.jpgJqALYAA.png

Edited by Thiero

All of the INIs have anisotropic filter set to 0 except ENBLocal.ini, which has it set to 16. Also, the word "lnes" may have been misleading. The correct word is probably "flicker", it is too fast to take a screenshot of however.

Screen 1 shows another shot of the purple body. Screen 2 was the best one i could take of the "fuzzy" look, it's still best noticed while observing movement. Screen 3 shows the values for IMaxAnisotropy in various INI files.

The fuzzyness is just due to a lack of AA. Which is because you are using ENBoost and ENBoost is not compatible with hardware AA. Don't worry about it as it happens to everyone using ENBoost or ENB. Now, the purple bodies on the other hand are seriously annoying. I know because I just had them pop up in my game. It is definitely an issue with NVR3. The only solution I have is to not install NVR3 :\. I will keep looking into it though.

I'm still unsure of how to fix the bug with FCO. The game seemed to work fine when I simply unchecked all the plugins after creating the bashed patch, but there was of course the little warning symbol in Mod Organizer. Using NPC-No Edits.esp didn't seem to work either. Also, I assumed there was some way to force AA to work with ENB, although I obviously have no idea how. 

Firstly, any double iris problems are caused by NVR3 overwriting important files in FCO. The first thing I do Is install NVR3 according to the directions. Then I install FCO and load it after NVR3.

How come the guide doesn't suggest doing this - does this mess anything else up?

Because EssArrBee presumably prefers the NVR3 look of NPCs, since he has users edit a lot of NPC changes out of FCO.

I also prefer the look of NVR3 over FCO. However, because there is a lack of a patch for the two mods two work ideally, I choose one over the other. At this point I stopped using NVR3 entirely and just use FCO as I have found it has the least amount of issues. Though it is all up to personal preference.