Barenziah's Glory (by Saerileth)

darkside

Can you pick the gem and not the box? Yes, you can. My vote is below.

If so, my vote is for STEP box and this gem. Also voting for including the crown.

EDIT:

I vote for in the installer:

• Desaturated Crown - 512
  • Vanilla / Other Jewelrybox
  • Original Gem

We'll have to hide the barenziahscrown.dds texture in Skyrim Redesigned to get Saerileth's texture.

For what its worth, I prefer the Gamwich box textures included with this mod, and I like the current STEP textures least out of the available options. This mod comes with two texture options for the box and I'm a little confused as to whether people are voting for Gamwich or fadingsignal when they say "the textures from this mod".

Edited by Harpalus

For what its worth, I prefer the Gamwich box textures included with this mod, and I like the current STEP textures least out of the available options. This mod comes with two texture options for the box and I'm a little confused as to whether people are voting for Gamwich or fadingsignal when they say "the textures from this mod".

To clarify my comment (which I agree wasn't very specific), I personally feel that Gamwich's texture is the superior texture.

From a STEP perspective, I also prefer using either of the two textures included in this mod versus current STEP, for two reasons: 1) both are closer to vanilla than the current STEP texture, and 2) it would eliminate the need for any additional installation instructions.  In cases where there is a distinctly better texture option, then I certainly feel that additional instructions are appropriate.  But in cases where the two choices are mostly equal than I would always side with the one that simplifies installation.

When they say "the textures from this mod", I assume them to mean "Barenziah's Glory".  Apparently the box texture from this mod was either provided to Saerileth by Gamwich or Saerileth was given permission by Gamwich to include Gamwich's box design in Barenziah's Glory.  I don't understand where your question about "fadingsignal" is coming from.  What does that mod author have to do with this - did that mod author contribute in some way to SLOD or Barenziah's Glory?

Oh, yes, you are right.  I missed that before, probably because I thought the fadingsignal version looked so much like the vanilla box I didn't realize it was an improvement.  After reviewing again, it (fadingsignal's version) is an improvement, but just not much of one.  So actually, Harpalus poses a good question.  I'm still going to assume that people meant the Gamwich version though.

EDIT: I don't see how the results are even:

4 to 7?  That's what I counted.

phazer11, Octopuss, EssArrBee, TechAngel - for STEP box.

WilliamImm, Aiyen, Harpalus, darkside, kryptopyr, Neovalen, oqhansoloqo - for BG (Gamwich option, presumably) box.

My vote does not count. I am just user :)