Dovahkiin Reborn

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69474/?

This looks cool! The guy's previous Wind and Water Magic mod was excellent as well, and this looks like and expansion of that.

It looks good from the description. I won't have time to test this mod in game but I'll check compatibility in tes5 and add it if it looks good. And it seems well made. I rarely use magic in tes games for some reason but I do in other games and I am a fan of elemental magic.

I've had it in my load order for a while, and the older version even longer, and have not encountered any issues.

I've also included it in the ASIS Automatic Spells ini, so enemies also have them. No troubles on that front either.

The spells seem useful without being overpowered. In particular, I like the wind spells, since they have a chance of blowing enemies away. You can use wind spells to set up more powerful attacks.

The animations and effects for the spells are top notch. Seriously, they feel like they've been in the game all along. 

I think it's a great mod, and it fits in perfectly into the game.

Some updates:

* 15-08-14 Updated patches, added LOOT rule for TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp, modified merging instructions for TTRSO

One of the plugins needs to be left out of the TTRSO merge. Everyone that uses this pack needs to update their merge because of an error in the previous patch. Before you re-merge it, check the TTRSO nexus page for instructions on how to recover perk points and uninstall TTRSO mid-game. Save your game, exit and uninstall TTRSO in Mod Organizer. Make a new saved game without TTRSO, exit and do the merge.

Although using TTRSO, I just noticed this remark. What is the reason for not merging TTR_Skill_Overhaul_LightArmor_DBDG.esp together with the other TTRSO plugins?

A faulty patch or something else is going wrong during the merge?

Mind you I am not using any of the patches as I have made my own ones due to a "somewhat" different mod list.

Thank you!

Although using TTRSO, I just noticed this remark. What is the reason for not merging TTR_Skill_Overhaul_LightArmor_DBDG.esp together with the other TTRSO plugins?

A faulty patch or something else is going wrong during the merge?

Mind you I am not using any of the patches as I have made my own ones due to a "somewhat" different mod list.

Thank you!

Merging the light armor plugin caused errors. It might work with the new stand alone version of the merge script.

Well, to be honest, I had made this merge quite sometime ago and there seems to be no errors in my merge when including the light armor plugin.

I did not install the plugins for: Sneak, Pickpocket, Smithing, Lockpicking as I am using Kryptopyr's mods for these.

So not exactly sure where the issue with light armor plugin lies...

The merge of the TTRSO light armor plugin have worked for me at times but it has caused errors most of the times I have merged it. I'm not sure if it is certain combinations of TTRSO plugins, version of TES5Edit, version of the merge script or merge script settings that is the cause. It might also be a combination of these. To make sure that everything works as it should I decided to not merge the light armor plugin.

This looks awesome. It will definately need some patching. I'll wait awhile to see if we'll see mod authors making patched themeselves.I'm thinking of ordinator especially which will be a little harder to make a patch for since you need to rebalance it.

MLU has patch for CACO now on MLU page. CACO has patches for USKP, The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and Wyrmstooth. 

Per ChocolateNoodle on reddit

If you use Ordinator, no additional instructions necessary because your load order should go Ordinator -> MLU -> Ordinator/MLU Patch -> CACO -> CACO/MLU Patch anyway. CACO's alchemy skill tree will override Ordinator's, sadly, but that's the only real solution atm.

Just found this

CACO-Ordinatored by Servant of Sin

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70272/?

Edited by darkside

MLU has patch for CACO now on MLU page. CACO has patches for USKP, The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and Wyrmstooth. 

Per ChocolateNoodle on reddit

If you use Ordinator, no additional instructions necessary because your load order should go Ordinator -> MLU -> Ordinator/MLU Patch -> CACO -> CACO/MLU Patch anyway. CACO's alchemy skill tree will override Ordinator's, sadly, but that's the only real solution atm.

Just found this

CACO-Ordinatored by Servant of Sin

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70272/?

I think my patch would actually work perfectly fine at the end of that chain of patches. The only conflict is Benefactor, but I didn't see it in use by Ordinator so it shouldn't be a problem. Also the patch needs a little testing and some tweaking. There are a couple ITM's in the beta version but they won't cause an issue. It will be sparkly clean when I release the next update.

• +1 1

I will hopefully be able to work a little on the packs tonight and add caco, depends on how much patching is needed.

I also need to update the merging instructions to use the stand alone version and the the reported errors when merging MLU patches.

Edited by dreadflopp

Updating the guide will take awhile. There were more patches needed than i thought. CACO - SIC/Toxicity/CoinReplacer/Paralyze (which I'll just override for now)/Radiant and unique potions (I'll recommend to deactivate it)/STEP patches overrides. There were also several LOOT rules that needs to be created and I need to make patches for TTRSO too. I'll be done in probably a week. You need to start a new game if you add CACO so you'll have some time to finish your current games :)

While I'm at it I'll add the elemental magic mod that was recommended.

• +1 2
  • 2 weeks later...