Deadly Dragons - Loremonger Edition 2.0

I2edShift

Here it is. No fancy attacks/spells/effects, no extra dragons. 100% lore friendly (and improved over vanilla).

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3829

Major Changes from standard Deadly Dragons Mod.

• Configuration Shrine now fits in with the rest of Dragonsreach
  • Breath damage can be increased in 50% intervals up to 500% (Good luck!)
  • Alduin now has the same melee & breath damage as a Legendary Dragon
  • Alduin now has about 40% more health than a Legendary Dragon
  • Includes Wrig675 (A.K.A. "Bellyache") texture package as loose files.
  • Substantially lower character level requirements to begin encountering "Revered" and "Legendary" dragons

from the Dawnguard DLC. Was level 59(Revered) & 78(Legendary) before, now 54 & 63 in this mod. This follows a natural

9-level pattern from the Blood Dragon to Ancient Dragons.

• Damage settings now work on the fly.
  • No new dragons/effects/resistances (Dragonbane enchantment works)

The Alduin health increase sounds like it's almost too much, but Legendary Dragons have 200 armor by default, so it's actually fairly similar for melee characters (Nor are Legendary Dragons THAT difficult). You also have quite a bit of help in Sovengarde. He's the "Boss of the game" instead of this stupid pushover in vanilla who was weaker than a standard Ancient Dragon.

Yeah I know I was looking forward to this. I won't be buying Dawnguard until there is an official patch for it and that may be a looong wait.

Thanks for the effort I2edShift, it looks fabulous for those with Dawnguard.

Bethesda has only patched a DLC ONE time, when it was literally unplayable. That was Shivering Isles, no other DLC has ever been patched. The only way to "patch" a DLC is to delete the .esm and re-upload it to Steam/Xbox Live/Playstation network.

Don't hold your breath, just hope Arthmoor gets the UDGP rolling, which already fixes a few scripting errors.

As far as those of you who may question the thought process behind making Dawnguard a master... It's fairly straightforward. Vanilla Skyrim does not have enough dragon types to go through the normal level progression of a long-term character. You would have to bump up the settings every 5-10 character levels just to ensure an Ancient Dragon can keep up with the power curve in the later levels. Legendary & Revered dragons do this for you and is a lot more immersive.

• 3 years later...

I love Deadly Dragons and have played with it for a looooooong time but you should be aware that there is a potential game breaking bug. The high end dragons attacks - in my case the electric ones - may not clean up properly which will cause endless spam in Papyrus and break your save. Even the script cleaner didn't resolve the issue. There are only a few reports of this issue in the forums so I guess it is uncommon - or underreported, but just be aware that this can happen.

Teabag, I wonder if this only affects the full version, or if the lore-friendly version also has this potential issue?

Not sure to be honest. I generally go for the lore-friendly version of everything but it could have been the full version. Apologies that I can't be certain. I was level 46, or thereabouts, so it was one of those special high end dragon attacks. Perhaps I was unlucky and there might only be a 0.001% chance of this happening. I certainly don't want to put people off this or any mod. I since deleted DD which is a real shame. Instead of an epic 20 minute battle now the guards at the Western Watchtower generally kill Mirmulnir before I can loose an arrow :(

Fair enough. The reason I ask is that I think the lore friendly version only has fire and cold elements. I think the electric and poison (and I think there is one more type) are only in the full version.

Thanks for the heads-up, anyway. I will be trying out the lore friendly version of this, so if I see any issues I'll update the thread.

No problems. It must have been the full version then because it was definitely an electric attack. The dragon spat out a mass of entangled lightening that persisted on the ground. The crackling noise was horrendous. At the time I just thought it would simply stay there like remnants of a fire or frost attack and then dissipate after 30 seconds or so. But it never went away and my Papyrus imploded. Now that I think about it perhaps it could be some weird conflict with Burn Freeze Shock??? Maybe? Don't know?

Deadly Dragons is one of the most downloaded and endorsed mods on the Nexus so I am guessing I was extremely unlucky. There is an option in the MCM to turn off the special attacks, if I recall correctly. Turning them off to begin with would no doubt avoid the issue I had.

Well, I've always had the loremonger version of this mod, for long playthroughs and with the assault option deactivated, and I've never had any issue (or at least I didn't notice one), as opposed to DCO for example, which has had a lot of issues in my last playthrough.

I'd guess the lore version would be the one that fit the most with the STEP, and with the assault option deactivated, as it causes some events to not trigger properly when a dragon spawns.

No problems. It must have been the full version then because it was definitely an electric attack. The dragon spat out a mass of entangled lightening that persisted on the ground. The crackling noise was horrendous. At the time I just thought it would simply stay there like remnants of a fire or frost attack and then dissipate after 30 seconds or so. But it never went away and my Papyrus imploded. Now that I think about it perhaps it could be some weird conflict with Burn Freeze Shock??? Maybe? Don't know?

The same thing has happened to me a couple of times. The first time it happened a Tempest Dragon created one of those "electric spheres" and the sphere never disappeared. The second time was with an Awakened Dragon. An Awakened Dragon has the ability to "teleport" you to it. The teleport spell animation (with sound) played over and over again. I don't know if it matters, but both bugs occurred in Rorikstead.

Edit: I don't know if it affected my Papyrus; I had never heard of Papyrus at the time.

Edited by natolars