Deadly Dragons - Loremonger Edition 2.0

I2edShift

I love Deadly Dragons and have played with it for a looooooong time but you should be aware that there is a potential game breaking bug. The high end dragons attacks - in my case the electric ones - may not clean up properly which will cause endless spam in Papyrus and break your save. Even the script cleaner didn't resolve the issue. There are only a few reports of this issue in the forums so I guess it is uncommon - or underreported, but just be aware that this can happen.

Not sure to be honest. I generally go for the lore-friendly version of everything but it could have been the full version. Apologies that I can't be certain. I was level 46, or thereabouts, so it was one of those special high end dragon attacks. Perhaps I was unlucky and there might only be a 0.001% chance of this happening. I certainly don't want to put people off this or any mod. I since deleted DD which is a real shame. Instead of an epic 20 minute battle now the guards at the Western Watchtower generally kill Mirmulnir before I can loose an arrow :(

No problems. It must have been the full version then because it was definitely an electric attack. The dragon spat out a mass of entangled lightening that persisted on the ground. The crackling noise was horrendous. At the time I just thought it would simply stay there like remnants of a fire or frost attack and then dissipate after 30 seconds or so. But it never went away and my Papyrus imploded. Now that I think about it perhaps it could be some weird conflict with Burn Freeze Shock??? Maybe? Don't know?

Deadly Dragons is one of the most downloaded and endorsed mods on the Nexus so I am guessing I was extremely unlucky. There is an option in the MCM to turn off the special attacks, if I recall correctly. Turning them off to begin with would no doubt avoid the issue I had.

(I am the original topic poster, I had to make a new account (the email account for the original account no longer exists and I don't remember the password)

Heh, small world running into you over here too. The issue you're referring to was fixed a looooong time ago. More importantly the "Full" version of Deadly Dragons (which is what you were using when this occurred) has no business being considered for a project like STEP in the first place. The lore friendly option has always had nothing but fire & frost effects with vanilla/DLC dragon variants. You can disable the adde abilities entirely within the MCM menu... Which leaves you vanilla/DLC dragons that are customizable from the MCM menu.

Personally I don't even play with the full version of the mod, and I'm the co-author. These are the settings I use:

Attributes: +110%--------------Stagger: On

Melee Damage: +30%---------Special Skills: Off

Armor: 0-----------------------Knockdown: Off

Magic Resist: 0----------------Combat Behavior: Default

Magic Damage: 50%-----------

Assault System - Completely off.

[Dropbox link removed, newer version of archive posted as update to the Loremonger version to Nexus. Use that instead)

Also, here are the source scripts for Deadly dragons in it's most current form. 3jiou did all of the work on the scripting and they may as well be in Egyptian hieroglyphics to me. If anyone wants to look through them, fix errors (i know of one that's occasionally reported, one of the frost abilities), and send them back, that would be awesome. 3jiou never wants to work on DD again, despite it's popularity. Working on Dragons for 4-8 hours a day for 14 months straight will do that for you.

Deadly Dragons Source Scripts

Edited by I2edShiftv2
  • +1 1

(I am the original topic poster, I had to make a new account (the email account for the original account no longer exists and I don't remember the password)

Heh, small world running into you over here too. The issue you're referring to was fixed a looooong time ago. More importantly the "Full" version of Deadly Dragons (which is what you were using when this occurred) has no business being considered for a project like STEP in the first place. The lore friendly option has always had nothing but fire & frost effects with vanilla/DLC dragon variants. You can disable the adde abilities entirely within the MCM menu... Which leaves you vanilla/DLC dragons that are customizable from the MCM menu.

Personally I don't even play with the full version of the mod, and I'm the co-author. These are the settings I use:

Attributes: +110%--------------Stagger: On

Melee Damage: +30%---------Special Skills: Off

Armor: 0-----------------------Knockdown: Off

Magic Resist: 0----------------Combat Behavior: Default

Magic Damage: 50%-----------

Assault System - Completely off.

[Dropbox link removed, newer version of archive posted as update to the Loremonger version to Nexus. Use that instead)

Also, here are the source scripts for Deadly dragons in it's most current form. 3jiou did all of the work on the scripting and they may as well be in Egyptian hieroglyphics to me. If anyone wants to look through them, fix errors (i know of one that's occasionally reported, one of the frost abilities), and send them back, that would be awesome. 3jiou never wants to work on DD again, despite it's popularity. Working on Dragons for 4-8 hours a day for 14 months straight will do that for you.

Deadly Dragons Source Scripts

Hi I2edShift, thank you for the update, I still believe this mod doesn't have the attention it should from the staff of STEP.

Can I ask you about the experimental DDX version? There is not much information about it, why is it experimental? Is there any changelog? Will someday be out of testing?
Edited by Hackfield

I had the same problem with I2edShiftv2 on a previous save. For me it was a frost dragon. It fired a blizzard spell that got stuck on a roof in Shors Stone and went to papyrus spam hell. My game would lag just getting close to it. I had to remove DD and then reinstall to clear it.

Some lads on steam had exactly the same issue as me, but in fairness that was one small issue after many many years of using DD. I'll be rocking the lore friendly going forward however :)