Mod Organizer + 4GB Launcher = Application Load Error P:0000065432

I've googled damn hard on this subject, and I've tried Post 8 of this. But going off something I saw somewhere earlier, in a more general steam topic on the App Load Error, I flushed steam's cache, and the game loads! Once. Wat. The thing is, I've checked in on the 4GB Launcher's log, and it only has stuff from when I forgot to put in the correct arguments from Fear and Loathing. So, my conclusions are that, something is changing on steam's side to be a major pain in the butt once I've launched the game, and whatever it is, it's stopping the 4GB Launcher from getting very far afterwards. I've checked my appid, and I don't have the russian or polish version, but a check of my file structure shows that my New Vegas folder is appended with enplczru, which is a version that has localisation for Russia and Poland and Czech I think, though it seems irrelevant. Interestingly, there's a comment in the change logs from the old 4GB Launcher mentioning something about the Application Load Error, but there's no subsequent mention of it; in the new one, at 1.1, there's no mention of it at all. Maybe I should try the old one?

For now, I'll live with flushing the cache when I want to play, but damn is that gonna get old fast. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: So I checked some more, and it turns out that nothing launches from MO (ie NewVegas, NewVegasLauncher) without that damned App Load Error

Edit The Second: Some more investigation has revealed that even when I can launch the 4GB Launcher through the use of the steam flushconfig workaround, no mods load, or more likely, the 4GB Launcher doesn't load, considering it pops up the New Vegas Launcher every time. I'm considering wiping and starting over, any way to preserve my load order/downloads/anything? Whatever, I'm done for tonight

MY SOLUTION

So I did some more digging, and in the PCGamingWiki I found my salvation. HERE in the first solution, do that. I found that even then I now got the new error of file not found or something similiar, I fixed that by editing my New Vegas install folder from "Fallout New Vegas enplczru" to "Fallout New Vegas". Whilst there is more likely than not a way of adding an argument for the original, I couldn't find a way of getting it to work and this seemed simpler; however, it is likely to cause me grief with steam. My take away from this is that my issue was most likely caused by having a an international version of New Vegas Ultimate - I traded it fair and square a couple of sales ago, and I now believe that I more than likely have a version from Russia or someplace similiar; whatever, FIXED NOW. Also, in light of the solution, I'd like to point out that my title is highly misleading, but I do hope that my post may provide better visibility for an issue and its solution.

Edited by GeneralHavoc

I believe this a Steam generated error and usually results from the Steam client needing to be closed down and restarted after an update.

You haven't provided any version info for Steam, FalloutNV or MO, so I will assume all is the latest. If not then I suggest you get all of those updated so we are all on the same page.

• +1 2

Kk, so I'm up to date on everything except for Mod Organizer, which is one version behind I think. I already tried updating it but I got an update file could not be found error. As for your suggestion on steam, I have restarted it multiple times, to no avail, and there haven't been any updates to it recently as far as I'm aware, there's usually a change log popup; I did try switching into the beta version of the steam client, but that's made no difference at all. At this point I think I'm just gonna backup my mod downloads and reinstall. I just really don't want to have to redownload New Vegas, seeing as I've got a data cap and terrible bandwidth. I might try another mod organising program as well, but I had a great time with MO in Skyrim, so I don't know why I'm having so much grief here. And yes, I've verified the coach on FNV, no dice: redownload one file and made no difference on the appearance of the App Load Error.

Edited by GeneralHavoc

Funny thing is I thought it was completely irrelevant. The PCGamingWiki solution States it's only for Eastern eauropean/Russian localisation versions, which has a different appid to what I get from the Properties tab in steam - something like 22380 (listed) instead of 22390 (which fixed it). What I get for cheap trading I guess.

Edited by GeneralHavoc