T3nd0's Perkus Maximus with SR:LE

10. Run TES5Edit and merge all mods and remove all Levelled references from the Merged Patch, and Clean Masters.

So should I..?

- run TES5Edit

- press OK for all esp's

- select ALL mods

- right click -> apply script -> merge mods

right?

I did that and it's really long and it's still copying some files making "overwrite" folder very large...

No.

You run TES5Edit, allow all mods to load.

You then right click on any mod in the left hand list and select Other then select Create Merged Patch. When that's complete, click on the Merged Patch in the left list and remove anything that contains Levelled in it. That might include 'Levelled Item' 'levelled NPC' etc.

That step is a little confusingly written I must admit.

• +1 1

What mods are we supposed to be merging? To be honest I was always pretty confused as to how pack authors determine what to merge and why. So far I have completely skipped step 10 and it seems to be working fine after play testing for a few hours. I'm sure I'll run into some problem though~

For reference I followed your Perkus install on top of a fresh/complete SRLE build.

this game is a modding nightmare... thanks for you help Nozzer, but I get the stack overflow error , very anoying when you have to wait 30 minutes processing SUM and then everytime it pops up, I give up...

What does this TES5Edit Merged Patch actually do? I don't really use perkus maximus but I stumbled on this thread. I don't really see why it is a must-have step in here. Is it instructed by PerMa? Because I don't recall ever seeing this in SRLE.. Is it wrong to suggest that people skip the Merged Patch step? It seems to cause a lot of confusion.

What does this TES5Edit Merged Patch actually do? I don't really use perkus maximus but I stumbled on this thread. I don't really see why it is a must-have step in here. Is it instructed by PerMa? Because I don't recall ever seeing this in SRLE.. Is it wrong to suggest that people skip the Merged Patch step? It seems to cause a lot of confusion.

It attempts to automatically deconflict your load order. It can be useful as it covers more ground than the Wrye Bash patch. It doesn't do a perfect job, of course, and the Bashed patch works better for the records that it does deconflict, but the TES5Edit Merged Patch can be very useful at pointing out issues in your load order that you might have missed. If you really haven't checked your load order for conflicts and there are a lot of them, a good strategy might be to make a Merged Patch and then check its contents to make sure it didn't screw up. The name was poorly chosen, I think, because it has nothing at all to do with merging ESP files. Checking through everything yourself is superior, but frankly most people don't do that.

I don't know why its considered essential for PerMa, other than a large load order with Perkus Maximus is likely to have many conflicts and they're probably thinking (accurately), that most users won't try to solve their own conflicts. Presumably asking everyone to get a Merged Patch is considered superior to letting users ignore conflicts. Honestly, it should be in more use by the community in my opinion: plenty of users install whatever they feel like, run it through LOOT and make a Wrye Bash patch and assume everything is fine. Using the Merged Patch (even if you don't examine it) is likely to be superior to not bothering with conflict resolution at all in that situation, especially with a large overhaul like Perkus Maximus in place.

Edited by Harpalus

It attempts to automatically deconflict your load order. It can be useful as it covers more ground than the Wrye Bash patch. It doesn't do a perfect job, of course, and the Bashed patch works better for the records that it does deconflict, but the TES5Edit Merged Patch can be very useful at pointing out issues in your load order that you might have missed. If you really haven't checked your load order for conflicts and there are a lot of them, a good strategy might be to make a Merged Patch and then check its contents to make sure it didn't screw up. The name was poorly chosen, I think, because it has nothing at all to do with merging ESP files. Checking through everything yourself is superior, but frankly most people don't do that.

I don't know why its considered essential for PerMa, other than a large load order with Perkus Maximus is likely to have many conflicts and they're probably thinking (accurately), that most users won't try to solve their own conflicts. Presumably asking everyone to get a Merged Patch is considered superior to letting users ignore conflicts. Honestly, it should be in more use by the community in my opinion: plenty of users install whatever they feel like, run it through LOOT and make a Wrye Bash patch and assume everything is fine. Using the Merged Patch (even if you don't examine it) is likely to be superior to not bothering with conflict resolution at all in that situation, especially with a large overhaul like Perkus Maximus in place.

Ah, thanks for explaining. Since I built my load order on SRLE with its own dedicated conflict resolution page, I'm used to checking out possible conflicts myself. This is probably why step 10 confused me and some others users.. Perhaps it needs rephrasing (Nozzer66's explanation above?)

I agree with you that asking to make a Merged Patch is probably superior; I do have to admit that I ignore a lot of conflicts I'm not sure how to solve. I think I'll give it a try too and see what it does to those. Hopefully it doesn't try changing too much from the SR Conflict Resolution esp

this game is a modding nightmare... thanks for you help Nozzer, but I get the stack overflow error , very anoying when you have to wait 30 minutes processing SUM and then everytime it pops up, I give up...

Have you tried changing the memory parameters in the SUM preferences?

Edited by Nozzer66

I have picked 1000MB option in SUM instead of 750MB (for some reason it didn't want to work with higher values) and it got through with all 3 patches.

I have picked 1000MB option in SUM instead of 750MB (for some reason it didn't want to work with higher values) and it got through with all 3 patches.

I'll figure it out, need some more time. Maybe a mod in my list that is a problem (I have a lot more then the SR LE guide has) I already uninstalled java totally and reinstalled 32bit version. did 750,1000,1250 the latter is the max I can do and the error keeps popping up :(