Run For Your Lives (by Arthmoor)

frihyland

This mod is a lifesaver for a roleplayer like myself.

I always disliked losing a very important or unique NPC by a dragon attack because the NPC wasn't smart enough to run or just stood there to get itself killed.

This mod and SKREEE makes fighting dragons alot more less stressful, knowing that dragons wont attack villages/cities every 10 minutes and getting the NPC killed.

Dragons are suppose to be a rare and epic battle instead of every 10 minutes being attacked by it which in result becomes a chore.

SKREEE

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16724

It seems like another essential Arthmoor mod to provide something that Bethesda should have included in Skyrim. Since Everyone Get Inside was never completed this new mod will be very helpful. Deadly Dragons has a batch file that changes some NPCs to essential, but that's only a partial solution while this addresses the fundamental problem. Hopefully Arthmoor or someone else makes a similar mod for Vampire attacks with Dawnguard.

Someone should consider doing something like this - or better yet a running script for all non-guard npcs - in the event of a dawnguard vampire attack. Someone at bethesda messed up bigtime. They just unleash x number of vampire related creatures in the vicinity of the player, in an open terrain, and have them kill everything until they are put down = every npc dead = skyrim is devoid of life, no horses or traders to buy horses from, just grass and shrubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.1.1

Had to change the system somewhat. It now checks for \"Habitation\" locations and sends the NPCs to a \"Dwelling\" within that location. It was dumb to see NPCs flee Darkwater Crossing trying to run all the way to Kynsegrove.

• 9 months later...

This does not work for me anymore. It only worked once in Riverwood. Whenever I fast travel to a place like Riverwood now and a dragon appears, everyone gets their weapons out and tries to attack and gets one shot or they just keep walking around while screaming to kill the dragon. Any idea what could be wrong?

Does not seem to work. The only extra mod I have installed is Tales of Lycanthropy Modular and SKSE. I have tried disabling them and running the game. I have tried putting Run For Your Lives and When Vampires Attack at the bottom. None of this helps. Some go inside, but there are still people outside that then die to either dragons or vampires.

Interesting, I have survived three vampire attacks in countless starts, and so far in each one all but the guards and the 2 urchins in Whiterun (from Inconsequential NPC's) ran for the safety of a building. I knew something was up when the Whiterun carriage driver and guard were running towards the gates :)

Granted I haven't been able to play a game much more than level 20 or so before finding a reason to start over. So I don't know if it is something that might manifest later on in a game.

• 9 months later...

I cannot get this mod to work either.  I have Deadly Dragons installed as well as a number of other non-STEP mods, here is my mod list (only showing the non_STEP mods) and plugin list (showing every esp installed):

[spoiler=non-STEP Mod List]+(SE + Custom) DSR Output+(SE + Custom) FNIS Output+(SE + Custom) Bashed Patch+(SE + Custom) Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - Creature Pack+(STEP Extended) Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - Behavior+(SE + Custom) Stealth Skills Rebalanced - SNEAK BASIC+(SE + Custom) Immersive NPC in the Dark+(SE + Custom) Sleep Tight+(SE + Custom) Sleeping Innkeepers+(SE + Custom) Splash of Rain+(SE + Custom) Morning Fogs Refined+(SE + Custom) Moon Glow+(SE + Custom) Enhanced Lights and FX - SMIM Meshes+(SE + Custom) Enhanced Lights and FX - Dragonborn+(SE + Custom) Enhanced Lights and FX - Dawnguard+(SE + Custom) Enhanced Lights and FX - Interiors Only+(SE + Custom) Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Exteriors + Weathers Only+(SE + Custom) Follower Commentary Overhaul+(SE + Custom) Extensible Follower Framework+(SE + Custom) Duel - Combat Realism - Hardcore+(DDSOpt Custom) Deadly Dragons - Loremonger+(DDSOpt Custom) Better Signage - Inns and Shops+(DDSOpt Custom) Ethereal Auroras+(SE+ Custom) No Snow Under The Roof+(SE + Custom) Better Dynamic Snow+(DDSOpt Custom) Subliminal Traps+(DDSOpt Custom) iNeed+(SE + Custom) Harvesting animation+(SE + Custom) Harvest Overhaul+(SE + Custom) Dual Sheathe Redux - SIC Patch+(SE + Custom) Complete Crafting Overhaul - SIC Patch+(SE + Custom) Enhanced Blood Textures - SIC Patch+(SE + Custom) High Level Enemies - Raised Ability Caps+(SE + Custom) High Level Enemies - SIC Edition+(SE + Custom) Skyrim Immersive Creatures

[spoiler=Plugin List]Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmXFLMain.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espUnofficial High Resolution Patch.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espBetter Dynamic Snow.espPrometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.espMorning Fogs.espRainbows.espSplashofRain.espADS.espAOS.espAOS2_DGDB Patch.espBWS.espDragonShoutVoice.espIHSS.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.esprandomthunder.espThundering Shouts.espmintylightningmod.espCutting Room Floor.espTradeBarter.esp83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espBirdsHFclean.espBring Out Your Dead.espClamsDropPearls.espDead Body Collision.espDisease Descriptions.espDD_Dawnguard Additions.espDD_Dragonborn Additions.espDual Sheath Redux.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espHigh Level Enemies - Raised Ability Caps.espLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - RLO.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espORM-Arvak.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espRadiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.espShootingStars.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espSMDropLitTorch.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espNoxUE2.00.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espUIExtensions.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espElemental Staves.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espimp_helm.espimp_helm_imp.espimp_helm_dawn.espimp_help_dbrn.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espHarvestOverhaul.espHarvestOverhaulCreatures.espLock Overhaul.espDeadlyDragons.espGildergreen Regrown.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espBetterQuestObjectives.espBetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.espBetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.espBlockSparkles.espDistant DetailHF.espdynamic fires.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espParalyze.espConvenient Horses.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espSoul Gems Differ - E.espTheChoiceIsYours.espTheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.espThieves Guild Requirements.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espChesko_Step418_SN.espOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espRealistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.espRealistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Weathers.espRealistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.espELFXEnhancer.espBFSEffects.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espDeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.espDuel - Combat Realism.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espStealth Skills Rebalanced_SNEAK.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espHarvestingAnimation.espBeards.espBrows.espXFLConfig.espXFLDialogue.espXFLPanel.espXFLPlugins.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espNonEssentialChildren.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espAnimated Weapon Enchants.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espRealisticWaterTwo.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espSTEP Extended Patch.espiNeed.espHearthfireChimneys.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espSleeping Innkeepers.espSleepTight.espImmersive NPC in the dark.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.espBashed Patch, 0.espDual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

I'm getting exhausted trying to squash bugs in my mod list and game.  I just want to play the bleeping game at this point, but I'm constantly running into issues, mainly with NPC behavior.  I mention Deadly Dragons, ok... People say "oh, all you have to do is disable the assault events and all will work fine."  I disabled everything under "Assault" in the MCM.  Did not work.  Everyone and their mother, father, grandchildren, horse... gang up on dragons to try to kill them, like a gigantic kamikaze lynch mob.  NO ONE is scared - just me, the Dragonborn - lol.  So then I also removed all the special abilities for dragons provided by DD so that the only thing DD was set to do was increase the stats of dragons to make them stronger.  Still didn't work.  I'm going to remove DD now to see if that works, but it sounds like a lot of other people use DD with this mod and only disable the Assault spawning to get it to work.

EDIT: simply removing that mod didn't help.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Just in case you don't know "Enhanced Mighty Dragons", it's a viable alternative (though both mods can also be used side by side). Unfortunately, it adds a lot of esps to your load order if you also improve Odahviing, Durnehviir and the Dragon Priests -- but, imo, it's worth it.

There is also an optional file that protects

vendors, trainers and quest-related NPCs [..] = killable only by player. So they are safe by Dragon’s fury.