STEP recommends Drops v1 optional file (the fomod) with these options:

• DROPS - x512
  • DROPS - Alternative texture for x512

Hide the following files:

• textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile.dds
  • textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile_less.dds
  • textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestilebrt.dds

Accepted for 2.2.9.1 Core

I don't know looking at the comparison images but you might be right (as always, my friend,  ::):). I feel like the new version gives the impression of more like water sparkling as it catches the reflection of the light during its fall. I could reduce the size so that they display smaller. I'll see if that works better or not. 

No, that texture is used in things like pillars of light with mist and rain within them. This one originally used the effect from embers which fly from fires which I felt didn't fit what it was trying to achieve with white dots and even made it barely noticeable in a lot of places and as I see it, if you can't notice it then what's the point in having it in the game, using valuable processing power for no added value.

Here's a image which shows what I mean about it reacting with light better.

63991-2-1428485106.jpg

Let's not derail this thread. Unfortunately I can't use Nexus anymore, so do you still have my email? We could take it there.

As for DROPS, I've just looked how do these dripping particles look in the vanilla game, and the size seems just about right. If you could just shrink v3 a bit, I think that would be sufficient. The effect does indeed look better, but the size is just waaaay too big.

edit: I am not sure whether it's the same texture or not, but in those screenshots you posted from Ragged Flagon the drops looked perfect. It's only when the effect is much more dense (assuming it's the same thing) it looks bad (like in the bear cave in Helgen Keep).

Edited by Octopuss

If you want to discuss Dust, just make a new thread for it (checked and we currently don't have one).

Sorry about that, my friend, I have a bad habit of wandering off topic. I'll open a new thread for DUST as you advise.

edit: I am not sure whether it's the same texture or not, but in those screenshots you posted from Ragged Flagon the drops looked perfect. It's only when the effect is much more dense (assuming it's the same thing) it looks bad (like in the bear cave in Helgen Keep).

That effect in the bear cave, in Helgen is the same as what we have been discussing and the same place as that last image I posted. The droplets are a completely different effect altogether, so do you consider them better than version 1.0 alternative texture or not? I feel they are a great improvement and give a much better effect overall.

If you could just shrink v3 a bit, I think that would be sufficient. The effect does indeed look better, but the size is just waaaay too big.

I've just reduced the size of the drops in the effect and you are completely right, it is a absolute improvement, the animation looks and plays a whole lot better as well, even in the bear cave.

Edited by ramccoid