101 Bugs Effect Patch (by Zaerosz)

MosAnted

I think that I partly my point as well. I understand they are harvest-able for alchemy; however, I view them as more of an addition to the game graphics rather than for alchemy purposes. Every player is going to see if differently though.

I added a thread for Critter Fixes here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/7558-wiseman303s-critter-fixes-by-wiseman303/

Not sure if this would be considered relevant or not, but I figured I'd mention it just as a heads up.  There is a new insects mod currently in development by Impulseman45 that will use vastly improved meshes and textures for the moths and butterflies.

https://s1072.photobucket.com/user/Donald_Edwards/media/Lepidoptera%20%20Of%20Skyrim_zpsyxyuchte.jpg.html

I'm been in contact with Impulseman and we're discussing possibilities for incorporating his new insects into my Alchemy overhaul.  :)

I hope he will redo all of the vanilla insects.

101 Bugs will not be removed nor will this be added because we don't use the version that this is a master to. 

The Master can be changed without issues using Wrye Bash or TES5Edit, or the 101bugs plugin be renamed. There's nothing in the .esp actually dependant on that particular master (it just edits the ingredient effect magnitudes). 

The Master can be changed without issues using Wrye Bash or TES5Edit, or the 101bugs plugin be renamed. There's nothing in the .esp actually dependant on that particular master (it just edits the ingredient effect magnitudes). 

We know and that is why we've said we can do this on our own if enough users thing the ingredients are overpowered. I will be looking for an alchemy overhaul before we go that route though.

I spent some time looking into this, and I feel that the author of this mod brings up a useful issue but it isn't the issue that this mod tries to solve.  In Skyrim all vanilla ingredients with a particular effect have exactly the same strength of an effect independent of the cost of the ingredient. I had noticed previously that expensive ingredients didn't seem to help a potion very much and forgotten about this. For me the issue is that there should be variability in the effect strength of ingredients. There should be at least a weak correlation of the effect strength (and perhaps the rarity of the ingredient) with the value of the ingredient, and there should also be some variability in the effect strength even among ingredients of the same value.

The author of this mod felt that the effect strength of the 101 Bugs ingredients should be changed. There could to be a few that might benefit from change, but my conclusion is that it is primarily the effect strength of the vanilla ingredients that should have some changes vs. the effect strength of the ingredients from this mod.