Greetings Step-Folk

Glad to find this place courtesy of Micheal from Gamer Poets/Youtube

Have a fresh install ready to go am afraid of where to start. Got sick of re-installing Wrye, LOOT, Tes5, SKSE and MO so I finally grew a brain and created a back-up copy of Skyrim with all that **** installed already :)

What caused this 3-day mess of constant re-installs all boils down to a reproccer issue in that no matter what I do/did, I cannot get the reproccer patch to run. Nothing happens. 3-4 days ago I ran it sort of by accident and got the pink patch screen but cancelled it since I didnt know wtf I was doing. After hours upon hours of reading, I got myself to the point where I thought I was ready to conquer it... To my dismay the .jar will no longer run. Neither thru MO nor if I run it from the Skyrim directory.

All that being said I currently have a fresh Skyrim install including MO, LOOT, Tes5, Wrye, and SKSE

I am so apprehensive of installing anything at this point due to fear of having to start over again.

Before all the re-installing the game ran fine for me, its presently running fine for my dad as well. The thing is... we both use around 80-100 mods. Before recently, neither of us knew that the reproccer.esp was a file that had to be run seperatly.

It wasn't until I reached level 5 that I noticed a problem. I only received 1 perk. Then I started noticing issues with the weapon stats which then prodded me into some in-depth research at which point my mind was fried.

... I apologize in advance for any future questions I may ask... as they may be numerous.

-Nick

Edited by Nickithus

Hey Nick (and your dad), welcome to STEP.

Since you state you came here via watching the GamerPoets videos, I'm assuming you also watched his great tutorial on how to get ReProccer style tools installed into MO?

Just to recap.

1. All the proccer patches must be generated via a Java tool that is installed correctly and called via MO, to ensure the VFS used in MO is seen by that tool.
  2. MO cannot use 64bit programs so if the only Java Envorinment you have installed is the 64bit version you will need to install a 32bit version as well.
  3. Anytime you make changes to the load order it is good practice to re-run these tools to recreate the correct patches.
  4. Your fears about installing mods fruitlessly is unfounded now since MO makes no physical changes to the Skyrim Data folder and you can safely move/delete/add mods as much as you like without wrecking any previous installations. This means your safe backup of your modded Skyrim is actually not needed and will mess things up if you restore it. Sorry!

So, if you haven't already, re-visit those tutorial videos and read the wikis here in STEP and see where you may have missed anything.

Big 10-4 to all that dude...

Hells YEAH I watched Just about ALL GP vids and some gopher vids.

Yeh I smacked myself right after reading #4 as I just put 2&2 together realizing the DATA folder is never modded. 

Roger Dodger to the 64-32 bit java comment.. I actually did DL a 32 bit version (Im on a 64 os) But after the install completes, instead of IE opening up displaying the Oracle webpage, notepad opens up and I get an error. I will google how to run a 32b version on a 64b os unless you happen to have an idea as to why I get that error. 

aight... this is gonna get nutty unless I condense a bit

1. I like Sky-RE, never played Perkus. Neither are in the tutorial for Skyrim legendary. IM thinking of staying with SkyRe since its older and prolly has more compatibility with other mods... Unless Skyproccer will patch either mod to be compatible with anything. -Thoughts?

2. Lets say for example sake I choose to use ASIS and SkyRe or Perkus... Couldnt I use SUM to patch instead of running reproccer?

-I ask this because after installing the 64 bit Java, I ran Skyproc and nothing happened. I ran the SUM patcher only this time I got an error but it actually brought up a java window. Does that mean SUM works with the 64bit version?

3. Now lets get CRAZY... Is it possible to use Monster Mod (lore-friendly) with SIC, with OBIS With Revenge of the enemies, ASIS AND SkyRE or Perkus?

4. May I have a Tes5 merged brain patch from several of the long-time members here instead? That way Ill already know this stuff.

By the way, just so ya know that I didnt just decide to start this an hour ago, I swear to Talos I have been reading up on this stuff hardcore and watching vids for well over two weeks in between work and life dude... I promise Im trying to do all that I can on my own...

I MERGED REAL WATERS TODAY!!!!! YUP FO SHO!!! Put the script patch in and all after not seeing it in the drop-down list yeeeeaaaahhh boyyeeee :)

Im am sooo dying to play its killing me, I hear my dad playin... argh! And after i get everything to work on my PC I gotta try and teach him HOW to do it (err Ill just do it for him :P)

Edited by Nickithus

Roger Dodger to the 64-32 bit java comment.. I actually did DL a 32 bit version (Im on a 64 os) But after the install completes, instead of IE opening up displaying the Oracle webpage, notepad opens up and I get an error. I will google how to run a 32b version on a 64b os unless you happen to have an idea as to why I get that error...

It makes no difference what version of Windows you are running. If you have 64bit Windows you can install BOTH 32 & 64bit Java.

The point is though, MO will only use the 32bit version and since every tool MUST be run through MO it makes no difference whether SUM or any other tool can use 64bit. You can only use 32bit versions.

1. I like Sky-RE, never played Perkus. Neither are in the tutorial for Skyrim legendary. IM thinking of staying with SkyRe since its older and prolly has more compatibility with other mods... Unless Skyproccer will patch either mod to be compatible with anything. -Thoughts?

No idea. I don't use any of these mods. Plenty of the STEP forum members do though so expect loads of support from them.

2. Lets say for example sake I choose to use ASIS and SkyRe or Perkus... Couldnt I use SUM to patch instead of running reproccer?

-I ask this because after installing the 64 bit Java, I ran Skyproc and nothing happened. I ran the SUM patcher only this time I got an error but it actually brought up a java window. Does that mean SUM works with the 64bit version?

See above comment.

Thanks for the reply Grant,

Obviously I know nothing when it comes to Java, good news is, I installed both versions and ran reproccer for the VERY 1st time all the way through and got it done! woo-hoo!

I hope Im not coming across as an idiot in my posts, just trying to keep them upbeat with a lil levity ya know? Im a 35 y/o plumber/excavator, this stuff is a bit out of my league, ya dig? I dig.

Just out of curiosity.. what do you use for your perks? You a Requiem guy, or just balls out Vanilla?

I was having a problem running the perkus patcher standalone on my system, just would not run. I can run it through SUM without any problem. You can go into the SUM options and set the memory for the program to use.

4. May I have a Tes5 merged brain patch from several of the long-time members here instead? That way Ill already know this stuff.

I just sleep on the keyboard and learn through osmosis. Seriously, you are on your way to that goal by reading, watching videos and asking questions.

Cant agree more dude, 2-3 days ago it was all so daunting I was seriously gonna give up and look for another game to get into on steam. But I found Hunterborn and a few other mods that lit the fire under my shovel to keep digging for SkyKnowlegde.

I think I'll stick with SkyRe, I really like how perma alters the perk system, but I kinda get the feeliong that it might be kinda hard to run properly with my choice of mods, although now thatI've learned how to create profiles with MO I may make a perkus profile to test it out.

I get into the mods that add content and functions to the game rather than the pretty stuff, but one of these days Ill tackle the tutorial regarding optimizing all the textures through step.

My confidence since yesterday morning has skyrocketed.

I'm very happy and grateful to find this community, Thanks again for listening/reading

• +1 1

I mean, it's pretty much the best thing ever.

Yessir, couldn't agree more.

Wow... maybe this stuff just isn't my thing.... I just spent around two hours trying to figure out how to make a spoiler post here containing the mods I want to use in hopes that someone might be able to help me install them so Skyrim will work. I'm trying to replace Sky-Re with Requiem as Ive found Requiem to be more in-line with what I'm looking for, and use mods like Hunterborn, Frostfall and RND. Immersive creatures and Revenge of the Enemies (and a few more). Along with around 70-80% of the STEP core mods. I'm trying to make Skyrim a "deleveled world" that focuses on survivalism 1st, THEN questing. 

But after these last two weeks of working with all these mods and "trying" to understand it... I can't even figure out a way to convey all the mods I want to use in hidden spoiler tag so my post doesnt end up being a mile-long.

I have no college in me. At all. Just a plumber/excavator who might be in over his head getting aggravated during leisure time rather than relaxing and gaming. I'm 35 now... at this rate I'll be 52 before I get this stuff to work.

Lets say I do end up figuring out how to post a spoiler... Is there a certain section I should/could post a proposed mod-list in hopes of finding help to get them to work?

I currently have a vanilla set-up with the Update and DLC esm's cleaned, all the unofficials, SKSE and SKY UI.

Thats where I plan to start...

please, where do I go from here? I tried to follow the tutorials regarding my mod list, (there were several sources of tutorials) but when I start the game, all I get is the Skyrim symbol. Trying to get all these mods to work from several different tutorials is what really screwed me up.

I swear, the next sewer I fix that's over six feet I'm just gonna bury myself in it.

I had Skyrim working with around 180 mods using SkyRe. I got to level 9, went into a random cave, cleared it, at the end of the cave re-entering skyrim... The game would no longer load. It just stuck on the loading screen. I figured it wasn't worth trying to trouble-shoot that mod list. Thats when I decided to start over using Requiem. Now I can't get it to run. I used only mods that have patches associated with Requiem. No dice.

For starters, how can I post a list of my proposed mods into a spoiler?

Edited by Nickithus

There isn't a button on the toolbar that does it, you will need to remember a bit of BBCode (Bulletin Board code) to paste in everytime.

It's pretty simple, once you know it.

[spoiler]text that you want to be in the spoiler[/spoiler]

For the sake of easing your mind, just stick with this thread that's already started, if it gets too specific, we can move it later or ask you to create new ones.

There is a button to post spoilers, though it is a little confusing and not easy to find.
I'll post a suggestion now to see if it can be made into its own button, as it's incredibly useful and often needed.

EDIT: The button is labelled Special BBCode, and is to the left of the font selection box, in the toolbar.
Once you click that button you get a few options to choose from, one of which is spoiler.

Nn9jdJh.png8Vuy847.png

Edited by Xaviien

[spoiler=Look what I was Learnt!]Does it work? IT WORKS! Thank you for the help :)

Please don't think that I asked how to use a spoiler here without first googling, I try to google everything. I found a few answers but they didn't correspond with these forums... naaa-mean?

[spoiler=Naa-mean definition]Know what i mean?

I'd like to get all of these to work, but the mods with one* next to them I'd like to keep no matter what.

The mods below Step all have patches for Requiem, except things like bandoliers. I dont fully have a grasp on what would conflict with Requiem.. I assume everything would. Thats why I'm asking for help before I even start installing mods.

I was thinking about installing all of the mods in the second list, then adding all the ones from the STEP list.

Is that a bad idea? The idea behind that is to start with all the big mods, then put all the trinkets in. Like improved textures n what not.

Another big reason I REALLY want to get this right is I'm setting up Skyrim for my Dad too. I currently have a SkyRe version set up for him with around 90 mods and its running pretty stable. The thing is, I'd rather troubleshoot on my PC instead of his. Pop really doesn't have the patience to do all this, has some health issues as well which kinda make him impatient. I have no problems spending the time to get everything working for him though. I love when he leaves to see the doctor or something, I go in and add a buncha neat stuff, test it and let him start up the game when he gets back. Makes him happy ya know?

[spoiler=proposed mod list]

Cleaned Update,DB,DG and HF esm's
All UNSKP's
HRDLC's
SkyUI  

These are installed as of now

These are not

Attired Jarls**
Bowlegged*
Brawl Bugs*
CLothingNClutter*
CuttingRFloor*
DBodyCollis.*
DubCursor*
FTimescale*
GDIalogueOVerhaul*
Ragparalysis*
SKSE Alt-F4*
SKyProjOpt.*
SmartSouls*
CCOR*
RagdollsNForce*
BetterDialogue*
Bettermessage*
DiseaseDescript*
ImmHud*
RuinsClutter*
RSEmbers*
SkyDistOver*
Ult.HD Fire*
Skyfalls**
StaticMesh*
QualityWorldMap*
AmidCaves**
AmidFarmH**
AmidSols**
AmidWhiterun**
SkyFlora**
DragonGlyphs**
HD EnhancedTerrain**
EnhancedDistanceterrain**
EnhancedNights**
HigQLODs**
HigResRoadSigns**
HQSnow**
HybrodsHDplants&Herbs**
ImprovedVanillaMountains**.
LanternsSkyrim**
MossRocks&DB**
PointTheWay**
RealIce**
RealWoodFarmhouses**
ReDefinedDungeons*
RealWater2**
SkyDistDetail**
Skypuddles**
TerrainBump**
BeautyDungeons*
TreesHD*
VividLandTUndraMoss**
BellyachesCreatures83willowsBugs*
Beards*
HDDragon(BellyAche)*
Brows*
CoverKhajiits*
FrostAtro**
MoreRealHair*
SupLoreHair*
NatEyes*
AmidBladeWoe**
AmidBoSilence*
AmidLightNStudded*
AmidStormCloak*
Ult.HDTorch**
DuelWieldBLock*
EnhancedBlood**
LightningThunderstorms**
Rainbows**
ShootingStars**
418thStep**
Shadowmarks**
DetailedRugs**
RadiantPotionsNpoisons(How do these work together?)*
SillyLevelof detailPotionsnPoisons(I get lost here)*
SillyDetailWineCellar**
AutoUnEquip*
ConvHorses*
DuelWieldParry*
FollowerTrapSafe*
SkyUncapper*
ChoiseisYours*
Parthurnax*
TheivesGuildReQ**
TrapsNoise**
Wet&Cold-All*
RunForLives*
VampsAttack

These are from STEP

______________________________________________________________________________________

These are the ones I've chosen to represent the 'Survival' aspect I'm looking for.

Requiem*-----------------------
Hunterborn *                       |
RealisticNeedsDiseases  *      |
Frostfall*                             |-------Keepers e.g. would like to keep these no matter what.
Falskaar *                            |
Wyrmstooth*                       |
HelgenReborn*-----------------
Bandoliers*
CivilWarOverhaul*
Cloaks and WinterIsComing*
DragonCombatOverhaul**
ExpandedTowns&Cities Immersive Armors and Weps*
HarvestOverhaul**
Lantersn&Candles**
LanternsOfSkyrim all in one**
No Poison Dialogue*
HeavyArmory/NewWeps**
Revenge of the enemies*
TradeAndBarter*
WeaponsanArmorFixesRemade*
YouHunger*
MonsterMod*

Alternate Start-Live Another Life< Will this work with Requiem?

Edited by Nickithus