MO Failing to Download through Nexus

Shadriss

Question

Quick Version - I got a new SSD recently and am moving my Skyrim installation to it. This included a complete reinstall of all tools, including MO. I am using the most recent non-beta version.

After installation of MO, I am unable to download any mods via the Nexus "Download with Manager" links - the all go to an error page as such:

"Firefox can't find the file at nxm://Skyrim/mods/31982/files/1000013473."

Wasn't doing this last night prior to my reinstallation. Verified that MO is installed IAW the guide instructions, and have changed the NMM version number in the workarounds tab to match the current version. File associations in FF checked and verified. Honestly, not sure this is MO given the error, but as nobody has reported similar issues today (either here on on Nexus forums), I can only assume the problem must be something blindingly obvious, and I'm somehow missing it.

Note that manual downloads still work. I was able to get the uGrids to Load via this method for initial setup, but am VERY against the idea of doing the entire install this way.

Ideas?

Edited by Shadriss

5 answers to this question

Pressing the globe icon to open FF may help. There is an option to associate NXM with MO in settings. Nexus tab and as a last resort you can run the nxmhandler executable to manualy set the association. You Can Now Open NXM Files Using Multiple Programs will show you how to do this.

All previously attempted with no changes. Appriciate the answer, even if no result thus far.

This may not solve your problem. I only manually download mods from the Nexus and thus use my browser (Firefox). I just set the download directory to be my "MO\downloads" directory. One still needs to right-click on the mod from the MO "Downloads" tab and click "Query Info" to get the mod information when done.

You will need to cleart the setting from FireFox if the instructions in the page @GSDFan are not working. From what you are describing, FireFox is still looking to find the protocol handling code for 'nxm' by looking at your old MO install.

Try the suggestion here in the 'Troubleshooting' section of the MO wiki.

This did it. Which is odd, since it was already pointed at that file. *shrug* Regardless of why pointing a reference to what it was already referencing makes it suddenly work, it does, and all is well in the universe... at least until my mod load is up again, and then there's this place called Skyrim that may have a few issues...

My thanks, Grant.