Skaal clothes HD revival (by redtox)

oqhansoloqo

Skaal clothes HD revival by redtox

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58934/

By the same author who put out a nice-looking retexture of Dawnguard armors.  She had previously made this retexture of Skaal clothes for Dragonborn.  I thought the screenshots on the mod's Nexus page looked good, so I'm tagging this one for testing to be considered for testing and to get some compares.  I quickly installed the mod to look for conflicts and saw none with any STEP mod so the guide doesn't currently cover this.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 1 year later...

This is a really excellent retexture, really love the look of the leather and fur here.  I absolutely cannot stand the belts though.  If you watch the video, 1:56 he does a screenwipe of old textures to new... everything else looks great but those belts (specifically the white stitching) just stand out like a sore thumb.  The vanilla texture, the belts looked busted up and worn - as you would imagine some hearty Solstheim wilderness folk's stuff would look.  In this retexture the belts look like they were just purchased at Sears.  

Not sure I agree with you about the belts, Baron. Yes, the stitching could be slightly less white, but it's not the eyesore you make it out to be. Especially as compared to the original textures, there is no real comparison. I think the leather may be a little busy as a texture... just too many 'crinkles' in too small a space, almost like an over repeating texture... but even that is so far beyond the original that this seems a no-brainer to me.

• 1 year later...

I one issue with this mod is that the vanilla textures are notability worn, whereas with this mod the textures look like they're hot off the press. There is a place for these types of mods that make the cloths look brand new and never worn (screen archery and such), but I don't feel they are for STEP.