Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

DoubleYou

Anyone missing the water wheel in Riverwood after installing DynDOLOD?  I can see water effects (splashing) on the surface of the river below, but the water wheel is completely missing and I can walk right though the water where the wheel should be.

OK... Anyone not missing the water wheel?

I'm not missing it. I spent a lot of time testing DDL with SkyFalls/MIlls for sheson. I went to most places with milss, waterwheels, and falls to check if everything was good. I did leave modding for a few months though, so hopefully he didn't change anything to much in my absence. 

I must have install DynDOLOD improperly then...  I have STEP Extended installed, plus SRO to be overwritten by everything, plus extra mods so I am thinking the size of my output should be over 1.4 GB.  The size of my output was a little over 1 GB though - I thought something was wrong when I noticed that...  Have NO clue what it could be though, since I followed the DynDOLOD instructions... I thought.

The only reason I said over "1.4 GB" is because that's what the STEP Guide says it should be for STEP Extended (lol), and I know that I have more than what is included in Extended.  But I don't have anything in my mod list that modifies the water wheel (I don't think).  So I have no idea why DynDOLOD messed that up.  If I disable the DynDOLOD files, then the water wheel appears again.  I really don't know how DynDOLOD works, so I can't really diagnose my own issue well...  In this case, all I can try to do is follow the instructions provided to me to use.

I have a question (possibly a bonehead one),

In MO, with my DynDOLOD Worlds Output mod clicked on, it shows, with a green bar, mods it overwrites above it.

Besides overwriting;

STEP Texture Compilation 11.1.2, SkyFalls + SkyMills 3.3.2, Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized and

STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard Varsion,

It also overwrites;

Unmanaged: Dawnguard, Unmanaged: HearthFires, Unmanaged: Dragonborn,  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch 2.1.1 and Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02.

What it does not overwrite is; 

Cleaned Dawnguard ESM

Cleaned HearthFires ESM

Cleaned Dragonborn ESM

In Plugins, cursor hover pop-up over Dawnguard.esm shows it comes from Cleaned Dawnguard ESM.

same with the other two.  

So if DynDOLOD Worlds Output overwrites Unmanaged: Dawnguard but not Cleaned Dawnguard ESM, is that because Unmanaged: Dawnguard is referring to the .bsa only. And that the .ESM has no LODs in it?

I have a question (possibly a bonehead one),

In MO, with my DynDOLOD Worlds Output mod clicked on, it shows, with a green bar, mods it overwrites above it.

Besides overwriting;

STEP Texture Compilation 11.1.2, SkyFalls + SkyMills 3.3.2, Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized and

STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard Varsion,

It also overwrites;

Unmanaged: Dawnguard, Unmanaged: HearthFires, Unmanaged: Dragonborn,  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch 2.1.1 and Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02.

What it does not overwrite is; 

Cleaned Dawnguard ESM

Cleaned HearthFires ESM

Cleaned Dragonborn ESM

In Plugins, cursor hover pop-up over Dawnguard.esm shows it comes from Cleaned Dawnguard ESM.

same with the other two.  

So if DynDOLOD Worlds Output overwrites Unmanaged: Dawnguard but not Cleaned Dawnguard ESM, is that because Unmanaged: Dawnguard is referring to the .bsa only. And that the .ESM has no LODs in it?

Yes, Unmanaged: Dawnguard is the entire DLC, while the Cleaned Dawnguard ESM is just the plugin. 

Ok, I leave it to you guys to determine how valuable this information is.

I ran DynDOLOD without ticking any the three HighResTexturePacks or the Unofficial High Resolution Patch in MO right pane.  I came up with the same file size as I did ticking it.  The only thing you have to make sure you do is select all in TESVEdit before applying script.  At least I think this is the same.  You with more knowledge than me can correct me if I am wrong....but I see no difference in file size.  (Have Not tested in game yet)

Secondly, I posted about this on Sheson's thread but it was never responded to.  I am curious to see if any of you see the same and if it might be improved.

Not sure if this is relevant but I noticed that at the end of DynDOLOD worlds.pas I got;

[insert time here] Waiting for LODGen.exe to finish...

Repeat every 5 seconds - for 10 minutes

till;

[insert time here] (something like) Looks like LODGen.exe is still running. Tired of waiting.

{Success message here.} Done

Point is that during the 10 minutes of this posting every 5 seconds the LODGen was running at a slow steady pace.

As soon as the;  {Success message here.} Done, happened the LODGen.exe sped up considerably and finished 5-10 seconds after.  

Thought it deserved to be mentioned but as I said, not sure if it is relevant. 

What I see is an increase in LODGen.exe output after the 10 minute long...5 second interval spam is complete. 

Does this mean that if this 10 minutes of 5 second spam (If eliminated) would speed up the process?

Those "spam" messages were added because some people either closed the windows for it was finished or could have because you were given the "completed" message while LODGen was still running. Sheson added the wait timer to help prevent this. It could be updated every 10-30 seconds though. 5 seconds is a bit excessive.

Those "spam" messages were added because some people either closed the windows for it was finished or could have because you were given the "completed" message while LODGen was still running. Sheson added the wait timer to help prevent this. It could be updated every 10-30 seconds though. 5 seconds is a bit excessive.

Ok, great.  but what about the first part of the post.  It seems to me that activating the three HighResPacks and unofficial High Resolution Pack is unnecessary.   Is this the case or not?