Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

DoubleYou

Okay, so SKSE uses the first 256MB, so 768 means that you have 512MB available. If you get ILS with 768, then bump it up another 256MB to 1024. You may need to bump up the second one 256MB as well, but usually not. That heap is usually pretty stable. DynDOLOD usually requires more than the recommended settings if you used it on High settings. 

Just saw your comment, and I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Edit: Just bumped the first one to 1024 and that works (at least 3 tries in a row). DynDOLOD was run on Medium though, so it must be some weird quirk of my system. Thanks so much for the help. Hopefully, I won't have any more problems.

Edited by navybrandt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sheson just updated DynDOLOD to v1.47. It looks like the new version requires the xEdit 3.13 Experimental version.

You need to download and use FO4Edit PreRelease Alpha (FO4Edit 3.1.3 - 67b61d7 dated 17 February 2016)
Despite the name, this is TES5Edit.exe - if there happens to be no TES5Edit.exe in the download archive, rename/copy *.exe whatever its name is to TES5Edit.exe - see its readme for further details.
This latest version contains the latest LODGen.exe v1.0.0 beta which is required. Older LODGen.exe version will most likely just crash.

Should the link to xEdit in the TES5Edit wiki page be changed to the Experimental Version? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/?

Also, I noticed the link to TES5Edit on the DynDOLOD wiki page is quite outdated, it currently points to the TES5Edit 3.11 GitHub page.

Lastly, I noticed Sheson introduced a new feature that affects Lanterns of Skyrim.

Lanterns of Skyrim - There is an optional script patch to sync LOD lights. No need to update LOD for the script to work it will work with whatever LOD was already there. See the manual for details.

From the manual: 

Lanterns of Skyrim - Optional: to sync switching of LOD on/off install and overwrite one script from 'Patches\Lanterns of Skyrim'. Make a backup of the original script first, only change scripts between saves when in an interior.

Is this something STEP should recommend?

With the speed the xEdit development is going at I feel sure a full release version will be on the Nexus shortly, we can update it then. Anyone that is using the latest DynDoLOD is probably also asking for guidance here in the forum and will see the need for the pre-release. Let's put off updating until then.

Same for the actual wiki page for xEdit. When the full release is out we can change the links if needed.

With the speed the xEdit development is going at I feel sure a full release version will be on the Nexus shortly

For what I know, Zilav intend to keep it as "pre-release alpha" on the FO4 nexus only, until FO4 records are fully decoded (meaning : Not before the FO's CK is released).

The reason it's released and updated on the Nexus is to prevent all the wannabe - who just use it no matter how many errors it can introduce - to arm too much other people's games (the more update/fixes are available publicly, the less it's likely to happens).

AFAIK the link on the AFKmods Threads is tied directly to zilav's latest devbuild, so the easiest thing is to link there.

I'm using the recent 1.47 version with Shesons guidlines on his NEXUS page/forum Thread and comparing it to the 1.46 STEP guide causes me some troubles.

Installing the new TES5Edit and moving scripts is the same, but Sheson also recomends optional 

Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards and then any optional LOD Billboards for the load order

This were not used for STEP with 1.46.

I could use some help here, maybe the STEP guide could be updated for 1.47, it works perfectly for me.

Edited by BUBISHI

• 1 month later...

Links updated.

As for the LoS bit, I saw that too but there's not enough information there to actually tell anyone what that does. I'll ask Sheson about it.

I've just been doing some housekeeping on my mods and noticed that LoS patch. Any news on this or should we just ignore it for now?

• 3 weeks later...