Can I change out installed mods for higher quality ones?

Shadowbane1213

Question

At this point I am well into the STEP process, and I just now realized after going back to look at the legend that just because a medium quality mod is recommended doesn't necessarily mean I can't install the high quality version.  My PC is pretty beastly.  Here's my question.  I know mods should be installed in the order that the guide specifies.  For the already installed mods with high quality versions, can I go back, uninstall them, install the highest quality versions, and simply drag them into their proper order in the mod list on the left of Mod Organizer?

5 answers to this question

The best way to do this would be to download the higher quality version, install it, and when asked to merge/replace/rename choose replace. This will automatically remove the lower quality version and replace it with the higher quality version while maintaining its current install order. This will work for all mods with the same name for both the high and low quality versions. For the ones with different names, do it as you described above.

A shame - make sure to use Mod Organizer for mod management too - already stressed in the guide.  One of the most important modding decisions you can make.

On top of that, the newer versions (only the beta versions though) of MO will show you which mods include texture files... Unfortunately, it currently doesn't tell you what the content of BSAs in installed mods are...

Edited by oqhansoloqo