Photo

Can I change out installed mods for higher quality ones?

skyrim mod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowbane1213

Shadowbane1213

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:01 AM

At this point I am well into the STEP process, and I just now realized after going back to look at the legend that just because a medium quality mod is recommended doesn't necessarily mean I can't install the high quality version.  My PC is pretty beastly.  Here's my question.  I know mods should be installed in the order that the guide specifies.  For the already installed mods with high quality versions, can I go back, uninstall them, install the highest quality versions, and simply drag them into their proper order in the mod list on the left of Mod Organizer?

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

The best way to do this would be to download the higher quality version, install it, and when asked to merge/replace/rename choose replace. This will automatically remove the lower quality version and replace it with the higher quality version while maintaining its current install order. This will work for all mods with the same name for both the high and low quality versions. For the ones with different names, do it as you described above.

#3 oqhansoloqo

oqhansoloqo

High King

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

And look for mods in the guide that show the "HQ" symbol in one of the columns.  That will help you to quickly locate the mods that have higher texture quality options.

#4 Shadowbane1213

Shadowbane1213

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

Wow.  I should have just waited.  I already deleted all of the mods I installed and am starting from scratch.  :-(

#5 oqhansoloqo

oqhansoloqo

High King

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

A shame - make sure to use Mod Organizer for mod management too - already stressed in the guide.  One of the most important modding decisions you can make.

On top of that, the newer versions (only the beta versions though) of MO will show you which mods include texture files... Unfortunately, it currently doesn't tell you what the content of BSAs in installed mods are...

Edited by oqhansoloqo, 14 April 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#6 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

Moved to S&P forum. Mods please keep an eye on stuff like that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, mod,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users