Replaying Witcher 1

Neovalen

I figure some people besides me are going to be playing / replaying the Witcher series before May 19, 2015. Therefore, I figured I'd post the mods I'm using in case its helpful to anyone else looking to do a playthrough.

Bug Fixes:
* Celina Wreath Fix
* Missing Kalkstein and Leuvaarden Clues Fix

Convenience:

* Plentiful Herbs / Even More Herbs

* Leuvaarden buys Salamandra Badges

Immersion / Realism:

* Fair Kalkstein

* Sex Takes Time

Gameplay:

* Full Combat Rebalance (Basic install using Hard Difficulty Pack without Ecology enabled)

Graphics:

* Texturen Mod
* Hires Character Models

* Rise of the White Wolf (FCR Compatible)

* Scabbard Mod (EE + FCR)

* Perfect Rain

So far really enjoying it, combat was boring before I installed the full combat rebalance... now its just really hard but doable with preparation. :)

Doing a mostly blind playthrough on "Hard" difficulty with FCR. (That is the lowest setting of the hard difficulty pack.)

Just finished Prologue and Chapter 1, so no spoilers please. :)

Edit: If anyone has a list of any essential / needed Witcher 2 mods please feel free to chime in with those too so I don't have to go searching forever before the next game.

• +1 1

I personally did not like the combat rebalance mod... I actually found the base combat more enjoyable.... weird I know. Perhaps because I was mainly playing for the story, not for the combat mechanics. Also one thing I learned from playing without that mod was that there are a few combats where you are just going to get smashed to bits if you do not know what is going to happen beforehand... And not in the good "I have to learn and adapt" kinda way... just in the BS one shot kinda way. 

I do agree with the texture mods though. 

Anyways back to combat, again do not do it in witcher 2... I completed it on the dark difficulty, which was kinda fun, but doing the while "you got only one life" ... no way, there are simply too many combats where a freak hit box issue can mess you up entirely. Ofc. if you play unmodded you can more or less make yourself perma invulverable, so it is entirely possible... it just makes the game really boring imo

I did not really feel like texture mods for witcher two really... the game already have settings that allow you to get silly texture quality, so there is really no point. 

Almost finished with chapter 2 now. FCR makes the game actually challenging imo. I can't just blindly go into battle without being fully stocked... if I do its suicide.

Example: I can't hit ghosts unless I have spectre oil, can't hit gravier without necrophage oil, etc.

It gets frustrating as hell sometimes but it makes you think like a real witcher would have to.

Watching a few let's play of people not using fcr and they just run over the enemy... I have to slowly work my way through dungeons.

i just killed the stone troll thing, im just playing the main missions so i can get the story for 2-3 i really want to play witcher 2 so doing this one first 

how long would you say ive got left done 8 hours on the game so far

i do have installed 

* Texturen Mod
* Hires Character Models

* Rise of the White Wolf

*Faster Movement

*witcherhirescharacters

Really depends on how much you grind... if you just focus the main story quests and do no side quests you should be able to finish the game in less than 24 hours total... especially if you do not use the combat overhaul, since one can reach the point of "god mode" rather quickly.