Insignificant Object Remover (by akkalat85)

alt3rn1ty

Insignificant Object Remover

Semi-randomly placed, discoloured pebbles all over the place taking up processing time, not reflecting light properly in a lot of cases and generally looking awful :

Remove them with this mod, and the only difference you will notice is you dont get those awful pebbles anymore.

It also does underwater Kelp for performance purposes, but there is a pebbles only option.

This is an unusual suggestion for STEP consideration, seeing that it removes objects from the game as opposed to improves on them, but I think once you have experienced it you may agree its a damned good idea for anyones setup.

I havent looked into if you already suggest a mesh replacer for the same, but this works better imho

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use this mod with Decrease That Grass (Now part of Ruffle Feather). I got FPS gain without significant visual loss. I removed underwater grass as well, because I am using Frostfall :) 

Same here ( its the only part of ruffled feather I currently use ), but opted for the pebbles removal only option and rely on Decrease Those Plants polygon reduction aswell for more performance so that I can keep the kelp. Its a good happy medium for me and overall does help a little with performance. Started using his No Guards Torches mod too.

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed this after a browse, but Decrease Those Plants also removes pebbles completely by default. Kelp is also reduced by half. Just clearing that up.

Edited by Guest

Just noticed this after a browse, but Decrease Those Plants also removes pebbles completely by default. Kelp is also reduced by half. Just clearing that up.

I didn't know that, it was not mentioned in your mod description ..

"Decrease Those Plants: Reduces the meshes of a lot of plants and is compatible with mods like SFO. This is a performance enhancing mod. The mod mainly reduces grass, and dead foliage. Its main purpose is to reduce plants whilst keeping the visuals intact so your game runs faster and you notice little change in density. Lush Trees is an optional for this mod as well."

Thanks SP for the extra info regarding what your mod is doing to our game setup.

But this mod removes the need for even having any null meshes installed, it uses a plugin to stop them randomly being placed in the game to start with, whether there will be any measureable benefit from doing it that way instead of loading up null meshes I do not know, it would make sense though that this method should be slightly more optimal in its aproach to getting rid of them.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

I'd like to have both Insignificant Object Remover -full and Decrease Those Plants installed. Would I need to delete/hide the files in DTP that would load nothing? The pebbles and/or kelp files, correct? Looking at the mesh folder, I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe I'll keep IOR only, for now.

Thank you for posting this mod, I love the idea.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

Well IOR full version now removes from the game ..

Removes kelp, underwater rocks, land pebbles, snow pebbles, thickets, and snowy thickets.

So out of those, if you install DTP, the meshes which reduce the polygons on land pebbles, and underwater Kelp will be redundant, because of IOR telling the game not to even load them.

They will just sit on your hard drive not doing anything.

But the rest of the meshes from DTP will still do their reducing polygons thing on grasses, so for performance purposes its still worth installing aswell as IOR.

I prefer having reduced polygons on underwater Kelp in addition to the grasses from DTP, so I use the Pebbles only version of IOR. Underwater is too desolate without some kelp for my taste.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

I will have to update my description. I must have totally forgot. I thought I included the information about pebbles, but it seems not. I do not see any difference from the perspective of what both mods' do (apart from mine does not remove anything, but pebbles of course). One has a plugin and one has meshes. There are lots of invisible editor flagged objects everywhere. Do they get rendered? Most likely not. I really doubt there is any performance difference at all. My pebbles meshes are not empty by the way, they use a editor-only 1 polygon triangle mesh because grass hates it when it is just a node for some reason. ::P:

Edited by Guest

Mods that reduce things or eliminate things that either take away from or don't add anything to the game are welcome, in my opinion.  I have yet to use either mod (IOR or DTP), but from the screenshots for IOR, I felt that the dead plants in that one town actually took away from the visuals.  I also felt that the stones did not add anything to the visuals.  On the other hand, I felt taking away the kelp definitely took away from the underwater visuals and was an undesirable modification.  I have never tried DTP - does making plants less 3D take away from the visuals or no?

DTP's main goal is to reduce whilst keeping a big chunk of the original visuals. Grass, for example, hardly looks any different at all over vanilla. Kelp gets half of the mesh pulled off, but personally I cannot see much difference there as the depth of field effect hides a lot of things underwater.