Star Wars: Battlefront

Neovalen

• 1 month later...

Looks pretty great! I'm not usually a bigtime FPS-player, but I did enjoy the Battlefront series, so I'm probably gonna pick this up. That being said, FO4 is certainly going to make it hard to dedicate much time to it. [emoji14]

For me, FO4 will likely be a bargain bin purchase so I don't have that burden :). I'm much more interested in this and XCOM 2 this year. BF4 and Witcher 3 still take most of my game time, Skyrim I almost never actually play anymore other than to check out mods.

Started the Witcher 3, but my PC died, and when I got it fixed up I felt like doing a FNV playthrough (Obsidian being my favourite game developer and all, I did play it once before, but a savegame issue stopped me from getting very far). That's got me pretty hooked on the Fallout universe, so FO4 is one of the things I'm most excited about, and I'm even going to try to play FO3 before that time comes too (and TW3 if there's any time inbetween those). 

Before that I had a bit of a "down-period" for personal reasons, so I didn't play much of anything really, except maybe Dota 2 because it was so simple to pick up and play (once I'd gotten the hang of it). XCOM is one of those games I've never really picked up, for no particular reason really. So it's pretty much FO4 and BF3 I'm looking forward to, which is just fine by me.

• 1 month later...

As much as I like the look of this game, I can only see it as a wasted opportunity. The SW game side has been suffering for a LONG time from a lack of decent, cutting-edge games. I was hoping that this would be the one to break that streak, but such is not the case. SW has always been about story... and this has none. Or rather, it has no SP storyline, and thus, is a wasted opportunity. All I can see is a SW themed Battlefield, which may be nice and such over the short term, but quickly wears on me. I play games for story... that is the game's purpose, so far as I'm concerned. By not including any with this engine and this setup, I feel that EA has done the entire SW franchise a disservice. I don't need Jedi Knights and force powers to be at the center, mind you, though an updated JK series entire would be nice, but... SUCH a wasted opportunity.

For those who enjoy it, power to you. But as for me and my money, we will play SWTOR.

Appriciated, Neo, but honestly, they're doing it backwards. We'll see what happens going forward. Maybe they'll take the Battlefield: Star Wars Edition bugs and fix them prior to doing the SP stuffs. One can hope. Until one sees it's mostly EA doing crap again.

Metric ton of battlefront content released today from a game changers event about a month ago. Beta opens in 3 days, can't wait.

A good playlist of informative videos:

Only thing I'm iffy about is the Hero gameplay. It also appears that survival mode isn't as intense as it was in Alpha (could be non-scaled difficulty in beta).

Overview of equipment for Beta: