Star Wars: Battlefront

Neovalen

I get destroyed half the time by people with jetpacks and that DL hand gun (rank 25 unlock). I played a bit last night and I enjoyed it more, but there does not seem to be a hell of a lot to keep me interested for more than a few hours. Heroes Vs Villains and Capture the Flag (can't remember the name) are my favourites. I usually come near the top in those. CTF seems to be the best XP for now.

Some maps are fine, but some ones with corridor-like structures usually allow people to easily circle you and shoot you in the back. It only seems to be a problem on a few maps. Are you liking the new map by the way? Jakku? It seems to turn into a grenade throwing fest. Quite fun actually.

I tend to not use vehicles and such over-used weapons though. There is no fun doing the same as everyone else and I prefer a challenge. I have no idea how some people get 40+ kills, but I am not really concerned. Endor though is like a nightmare map for me. I get distracted by exploring and usually get jumped by a guy coming out a bush. How do I get an Ewok to attack me with stones though as I need to see such a thing?

Edit: Played some more last night, I am enjoying it more. Love that droid capture one as I try to pick one droid and defend it to death throughout the whole game. I am currently using the first pistol as I'm doing challenges. I am waiting to hit level 15 so I can unlock that perk where they can't see me run on the radar. I have been having to jog to get my surprise attacks in. Surprise attacks seem the best! Still seeing a lot of people use that jetpack-handgun combo which is meh. That gun is pretty much a super-portable sniper. 

Oh yeah and double XP weekend. Yay! Could you also give me your classes so I can try them later please? I would also love some help with a sneaky-sniper combo build if you can.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Well I saw nothing with the Ewoks, but something hit me.

Level 32 now with 20 hours played (5 of that from missions). It's been nothing but double XP! Now E-11 + Pulse Rifle + Jump Pack is really nice. I have Explosive Shot too, but I tend not to use it at all. I can't believe I put them hours in (in 2 weeks) because I only play a few games at a time, but it adds up obviously!  Looking at Bowcaster now, but I dunno if I wanna swap it for the Pulse Rifle.

So yeah, it has gotten much better and I really like it. Spawns are sometimes bad, but if someone spawns at side of me I let them live because it is not fair to shoot. DL44 is still annoying in smaller games, but fine in others. My favourite map is Rebel Hanger as it is perfectly designed. My least favourite is probably the Jawa one on Walker Assault (which oddly contains the previous hangar) because if you are Rebels, you usually get trapped like trapped rats as the map is mostly one big rocky corridor. Jawa on Capture the Droid is amazing though. Really weird that map is my favourite and least favourite. It really depend which area and mode.

Right, I just killed 10 people on Hoth with a AT-ST. I used to get destroyed instantly until I saw the load screen that said it can SPRINT! It scares the hell out of people when I try to run at them, and then try to trample them to death! I have also never seen anyone else sprint in it, which is quite funny.

Well I saw nothing with the Ewoks, but something hit me.

Level 32 now with 20 hours played (5 of that from missions). It's been nothing but double XP! Now E-11 + Pulse Rifle + Jump Pack is really nice. I have Explosive Shot too, but I tend not to use it at all. I can't believe I put them hours in (in 2 weeks) because I only play a few games at a time, but it adds up obviously!  Looking at Bowcaster now, but I dunno if I wanna swap it for the Pulse Rifle.

So yeah, it has gotten much better and I really like it. Spawns are sometimes bad, but if someone spawns at side of me I let them live because it is not fair to shoot. DL44 is still annoying in smaller games, but fine in others. My favourite map is Rebel Hanger as it is perfectly designed. My least favourite is probably the Jawa one on Walker Assault (which oddly contains the previous hangar) because if you are Rebels, you usually get trapped like trapped rats as the map is mostly one big rocky corridor. Jawa on Capture the Droid is amazing though. Really weird that map is my favourite and least favourite. It really depend which area and mode.

Right, I just killed 10 people on Hoth with a AT-ST. I used to get destroyed instantly until I saw the load screen that said it can SPRINT! It scares the hell out of people when I try to run at them, and then try to trample them to death! I have also never seen anyone else sprint in it, which is quite funny.

Glad your getting the hang of it and enjoying yourself... been playing a metric ton of Battlefront myself this week. :)

Double XP is spoiling me, I've almost got everything unlocked. Skins, Emotes, All Cards, etc. Still having a blast playing, just crossed 112 hours played and doing every challenge once to max those out, then doing achievements, etc.

I change up my weapons depending on my mood... E11, EE-3, SE-14C, T-21, T-21B, etc. I'm good with pretty much all of them now since I been using them for challenges. Been running Bowcaster + Pulse Rifle as primary... works well for me.

Well the only thing I hate about the game now is EA just put the price down even more. What a middle finger to people who just bought it like myself in their "sale". Bah I will have to get over it, but I could have got the Deluxe version for cheaper than the standard sale price I paid.

I really hate the burst fire guns as I always forget to keep hammering the button. Been rocking the Scout ability, but I tried Bounty Hunter on Jakku and it gives you virtually unlimted items after a while as long as you don't die. I am not sure how useful Scout is when your team is near, but it is damn good on a game like Blast when they are not. I have also been getting terrible challenges that are not suitedto me, so that is annoying. I am talking about vehicle ones really.

By the way, is it me or is 3rd person flawed? Your shots never hit where you shoot sometimes, especially the Pulse Rifle. You have to aim slightly to the side of someone even if they are not running.

You need to stand still shooting the pulse rifle / cycler rifle since they are sniper type weapons... otherwise you will get some deviation.

I agree about the price, I mean I bought Ultimate at launch and it came down $45 over their Xmas sale but as long as it gives me more people to shoot, ah well.

Contacted EA and they were going to refund me the difference... Until I said I bought it off Sony's store. Sent Sony a email, but their CS is supposedly bad. What they did to people was put up a "limited" sale, then after it ended, put the price DOWN even more. I don't care what their terms are, that is some BS right there.  Shock of the day though, being EA support was actually OK! What is this dream?

I do stand still because I know sniping takes time. If you are sniping don't expect to get 50 kills, just expect less deaths. Still hate Judland on 40 player games. Got so spawned killed over and over tonight it was unbearable. No I didn't partner spawn which makes it just a bad map. I'm really liking the R (insert numbers) heavy blaster even though it's a level 5 unlock. I keep going back to it as it is such a beast. I guess you don't like it as you didn't list it? I tried Bowcaster, but it doesn't sit right with me at the moment for some reason. The damage is a bit iffy. I wanted to try the Cycler, but I heard it was bad. 

Finally, I am playing Walker Assault now after ignoring it. Where are the gunner spawns usually? I mean are they on or near its path? I found one on Hoth and Jakku, but I assume my team stole the others. It's weak point is the belly right if I am Rebels?

• 2 weeks later...

Neo I did some missions on master last night and while some were easy, some gave me high blood pressure! ::D:  Only got Sullust to go on survival, then a few collectables and I am done! Hardest has to be Hoth hero battle and Tatooine survival. Have you done any of these missions on master yet? It racked me up about 30k points so far. I figured my own way to cheese them all, but I'm dreading Sullust survival as I sat behind the boxes and got destroyed before by a AT-ST and a tie-fighter. Gonna' get someone over to help out! If you need any tips for the battles I'm a bloody expert now!  ::P:

I've done a few of the Hero battles, etc. but honestly not really doing any single player unless my son wants to "help" me play... :)

Been concentrating my efforts in Multiplayer.

65% W/L, 1.6 K/D and rising.

I can go 50 and 5 and my K/D won't go up cause I have so many kills under my belt already... need to do that 3 or 4 rounds in a row for it to go up 0.01. Got all skins, all emotes, all cards unlocked. Working on doing every multiplayer challenge at least once.

Well I did the last one on master tonight, died at the end, didn't spend a life, but the challenge voided. Still got the unlock, which was weird because I don't have all stars, so I am not complaining. You seem luckier than me with the wins, my team usually consists of people who want to be cannon fodder. How do you get 50/5? Hero pickup? I can NEVER find one. I have to ask you as well Neo... I got 14k points tonight on my first ever go at fighter squadron. What is going on there? The highest since has been 6k. I have also never seen another score that high so far. I was the Falcon, got 6 player kills as well as 5 AI only, and destroyed 1 transport ship. I'm guessing that ain't normal?

Edit: Sorry I keep posting, but I need to vent. Spent 2 hours after a hard day of work dealing with crappy EA. Held my ground and my calm, but my gawd I need a drink. After 10 "There is nothing I can do." comments the guy gave in and tried to offer me stuff. I got them to agree, but all it was, was 15% off a Origin copy. I said no obviously and was advised to send the transcript to Sony. Sony guy was nice, but went on a lot. Got to wait now for about a week. What is it the internet says? "F**k EA". Indeed. Well 3 hours wasted with the one time before as well, but I will get... "Converting..." my $6 hopefully! Woohoo! 

Neo, I saw someone who had 16k points on Fighter Squadron on a forum, but they had 72 kills and 0 deaths! Still not sure what happened to me. Apparently the person used a A-Wing as the hitbox is broken and it's hard to lock on. Honestly the mode is so broken. If I am Empire I quit because it's pretty much a guaranteed loss.

Rooty, are you still here? I'm guessing you have not played in a while bud?

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

Another awesome night playing Battlefront for me, the new expansion is awesome! Do yourself a favor and if you see this game on sale... ****** it up if you are a Star Wars fan. You won't regret it.

DICE is releasing free content updates monthly in addition to the paid DLC, lots of content to play with now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to enjoy SW Battlefront finally, after ~20 hours game time. I really suck at it though, but I'm trying. Are there any benefits of playing with a partner/origin friend? If so, feel free to add me, same user name as here. Be warned though, I have 40% W/L and a K/D ratio of 0.5... :lol:

I do have a cool robot dance emoji though and tend to use it as often as I can. I'm going back to Skyrim for tonight, where I don't have to be ashamed for being such an unskilled gamer. I have played computer games for over 30 years, I should be better than this.

I'm starting to enjoy SW Battlefront finally, after ~20 hours game time. I really suck at it though, but I'm trying. Are there any benefits of playing with a partner/origin friend? If so, feel free to add me, same user name as here. Be warned though, I have 40% W/L and a K/D ratio of 0.5...[emoji38]I do have a cool robot dance emoji though and tend to use it as often as I can. I'm going back to Skyrim for tonight, where I don't have to be ashamed for being such an unskilled gamer. I have played computer games for over 30 years, I should be better than this.

I'll be sure to add you. :)

Only benefit I can think of is more fun, you can use my star card hand, and spawn on me.

Edit: Friend Request Sent

I'm starting to enjoy SW Battlefront finally, after ~20 hours game time. I really suck at it though, but I'm trying. Are there any benefits of playing with a partner/origin friend? If so, feel free to add me, same user name as here. Be warned though, I have 40% W/L and a K/D ratio of 0.5...[emoji38]I do have a cool robot dance emoji though and tend to use it as often as I can. I'm going back to Skyrim for tonight, where I don't have to be ashamed for being such an unskilled gamer. I have played computer games for over 30 years, I should be better than this.

Not all of us are good at shooting game.

I'll be sure to add you. :)

Only benefit I can think of is more fun, you can use my star card hand, and spawn on me.

Edit: Friend Request Sent

Sounds good [emoji106] friend request accepted.

Not all of us are good at shooting game.

That is very true but I'm decent in other shooters like Tribes and Titanfall. It could be that those aren't very popular rather than me being good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...