Photo

Fallout 3 GOTY Application load error 5:0000065434 When Launching FOSE from within MO

mod organiser fose fallout3

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Kelmych

Kelmych

Emperor

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

If you have Steam and Fallout 3 in a non-UAC directory, especially if you have configured the directories for Steam, MO, and the game files for full control by all users, there is no need to use "run as an administrator" with MO. In some cases, as Tanin pointed out a while ago, this could actually cause a problem. (I'm not sure if this is an issue for you).

If the mods are setup for use with MO then they are not in the actual game Data folder, so they will no be visible to Steam or any executable in the Fallout 3 Goty directory unless the game is launched by MO. Having MO in the background doesn't help, it needs to run the game launcher that is used.

Try running an MO profile with only the vanilla files (no additional mods) and see if FO3 can start using the FO3 Launcher or FOSE. In each case look at the logs produced in the Mod Organizer\logs folder. The log is small so you might want to post it here.

#17 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

The issue of running MO as administrator should not be under-estimated. If Steam is started as an administrator's process and MO is started as a regular user process, MO won't be able to 'see' the elevated level processes of the system, which in this case will include Steam.

This is why it is stated over and over again to install Steam and any games that use it, along with MO, outside of ANY UAC folders, thus avoiding the need to use administrator rights to start one or more processes.

One last thing, the original issue was resolved when the user applied the latest update from Steam, have you likewise kept Steam up-to-date?

#18 RevReese

RevReese

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

If you have Steam and Fallout 3 in a non-UAC directory, especially if you have configured the directories for Steam, MO, and the game files for full control by all users, there is no need to use "run as an administrator" with MO. In some cases, as Tanin pointed out a while ago, this could actually cause a problem. (I'm not sure if this is an issue for you).

If the mods are setup for use with MO then they are not in the actual game Data folder, so they will no be visible to Steam or any executable in the Fallout 3 Goty directory unless the game is launched by MO. Having MO in the background doesn't help, it needs to run the game launcher that is used.

Try running an MO profile with only the vanilla files (no additional mods) and see if FO3 can start using the FO3 Launcher or FOSE. In each case look at the logs produced in the Mod Organizer\logs folder. The log is small so you might want to post it here.

I have tried running vanilla FO3 via MO but have the same issue with the same error.

Using the FO3 launcher causes the same error (5:0000065434) but using fose_loader loads the game fine (though obviously without mods).

The issue of running MO as administrator should not be under-estimated. If Steam is started as an administrator's process and MO is started as a regular user process, MO won't be able to 'see' the elevated level processes of the system, which in this case will include Steam.

This is why it is stated over and over again to install Steam and any games that use it, along with MO, outside of ANY UAC folders, thus avoiding the need to use administrator rights to start one or more processes.

One last thing, the original issue was resolved when the user applied the latest update from Steam, have you likewise kept Steam up-to-date?

I have tried running Steam as Administrator and MO as Administrator (steam is not installed in a UAC directory) but crashes with the error: P:0000065432.

I have the latest version of Steam updated today.

Latest log (ModOrganizer_15_05_16_13_40_2.log):

#19 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

Your logs show no issues with MO creating or using the VFS for the game to run in, all the hooks are successful.

Is there anything 'odd' about your copy of Fallout? Did you get a cheap copy from overseas, perhaps a European version that has been renamed?

Have you patched it with anything?

Could you provide a CRC of the file so we can match it to copies known to work?

These are some checksums of my file:

File:       Fallout3.exe

CRC-32: cf353836

MD4:     95b817a78211a92273dadf55b3339212
MD5:     bd5a2117dceb87831abdb7043e27ea62
SHA-1:  8a98757889d9164bf8ec0fd0118fee96691939de

#20 RevReese

RevReese

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

No, there is nothing odd about it, just the Steam GotY version bought during a sale.

I used FileAlyzer.

Fallout3.exe

CRC 32 - 0B3862DB

MD5 - 6AC349AB0980C713CD8FFB37199443F3

SHA 1 - 7A6D3948B6D0BD7BE97B71769A14D3C084609331

#21 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

Ok, perhaps someone with a Steam version can verify those checksums, I have the retail disc version so that probably accounts for our differences.

#22 Kelmych

Kelmych

Emperor

• VIP-Supporter
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

I have the same CRC-32 for my my fallout 3 as GrantSP. I originally bought the retail CD for Fallout 3 (not GOTY) but later bought the Steam version of Fallout 3 GOTY, and I used Steam to get the files for my Fallout 3 GOTY directory. I have run the Large Address Enabler program on my fallout3.exe file; I expect that RevReese has also done this as per the guide.

#23 RevReese

RevReese

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

I have the same CRC-32 for my my fallout 3 as GrantSP. I originally bought the retail CD for Fallout 3 (not GOTY) but later bought the Steam version of Fallout 3 GOTY, and I used Steam to get the files for my Fallout 3 GOTY directory. I have run the Large Address Enabler program on my fallout3.exe file; I expect that RevReese has also done this as per the guide.

Yes, my fallout3.exe is Large Address Enabled, but still same error (P:0000065432).

I am also using MO 1.3.5 but still the same error.

Edited by RevReese, 18 May 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#24 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

I can't figure out why your checksums are so different to ours. I just uninstalled the GOTY version I had and installed an old original version and then ran the 1.7 Update on the exe and applied the LAA patch, still got the same checksums as I have now.

All I can think of is the Steam client is checking for a specific file and, for whatever reason, your files don't meet that criteria and it errors out.

Like I mentioned earlier, this isn't really an error caused by MO, but by Steam and unfortunately I can't see a way to fix it without some intervention by Valve with regards to their Steam client.

Sorry to say it but I'm out of ideas.

#25 Kelmych

Kelmych

Emperor

• VIP-Supporter
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

Go to the Steam\steamapps directory. Look at what is in appmanifest_22370.acf (22370 is the steam id for Fallout 3 GOTY). If you don't have such a file then there is a problem as you have some other version of Fallout 3 GOTY. These are text files by the way. Here is what I have (leaving off a few lines that should not matter):

Fallout 3 GOTY manifest

#26 RevReese

RevReese

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for the replies, here is my appmanifest_22370.acf:

appmanifest_22370.acf

#27 RevReese

RevReese

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

Does that help?.

i must admit to not looking forward to moving all my mods back to FOMM! (considering Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim work perfectly with MO).

#28 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• VIP-Supporter
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

If I'm reading that correctly, which may not be the case, it appears there are some updates for FO3 in Steam that need downloading. Try those and see what transpires.

#29 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Sorry to intrude on this again, but can you do something for me to satisfy my curiosity? Thanks.

Can you do the following, stop MO, go into the ModOrganizer\logs folder and delete the logs there. Start MO and run the FOSE shortcut and let it do its thing. don"t run anything else. Go into the logs folder and zip up the logs there and post them someplace where I can download and see them. I want to do this so I can see the time stamps of the files.

#30 RevReese

RevReese

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

If I'm reading that correctly, which may not be the case, it appears there are some updates for FO3 in Steam that need downloading. Try those and see what transpires.

Thank you for your reply though there are no updates waiting.

Sorry to intrude on this again, but can you do something for me to satisfy my curiosity? Thanks.

Can you do the following, stop MO, go into the ModOrganizer\logs folder and delete the logs there. Start MO and run the FOSE shortcut and let it do its thing. don"t run anything else. Go into the logs folder and zip up the logs there and post them someplace where I can download and see them. I want to do this so I can see the time stamps of the files.

Thank you for your reply, I have uploaded the logs you requested here: https://www.dropbox....9u/logs.7z?dl=0

Hope this helps!.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod organiser, fose, fallout3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users