39 replies to this topic

#16 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Ok, so I installed everything, followed SIG to the letter again. Now I'm trying to run Wyre Bash from Mod Organizer and as before Wyre Bash won't open. Skyrim is installed to C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

I'm posting the Wyre Bash bash.ini that was generated at install (I did not have to rename anything though it says Wyre Bash 299 instead of 300, I did customize it though I know I must have something wrong)

Edit: Seeing it here makes it look different than either Notepad or Notepad++ I assume all of the following instances of Wyre need to be replaced with my username?

Also I almost forgot but here is a screenshot of my Mod Organizer Settings

Also I cannot get BOSS(BOSS.exe) to run correctly the cmd box comes up and says I have the latest version installed and then it closes, I tried switching the target to the BOSS GUI.exe but it worked even less.

#17 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

The entire ini comes completely commented out, you need to remove the ; in front of any line that you actually want bash to read. That's a new feature of 300 that is undocumented and I haven't updated SIG to accomadate yet, because it is just a temporary fix I don't like.

#18 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

So I need to uncomment all f the lines and also replace all instances of Wyre with my user name? My Mod Organizer Settings and info on the targets of the executable to open boss through Mod Organizer are in the screenshot above below the Bashi.ini settings.

#19 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Just uncomment the 5 or so lines that SIG tells you to change, that's it.

#20 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Ok still no luck I tried uncommenting the lines. I did not change any of the instances of C:\Users\Wrye. Still nothing happens and BOSS still doesn't work. Should I make a new thread as this is also about my BOSS issue? Here's a copy of the latest bashi.ini it is supposed to be in my C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Mopy folder right?

#21 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Here is the ini that bash is seeing sOblivionMods=..\Skyrim Mods sOblivionMods=C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods sBashModData=..\Skyrim Mods\Bash Mod Data sInstallersData=..\Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers\Bash bResetBSATimestamps=false bSkipResetTimeNotifications=True the rest are literally just comments (explanations and examples) in fact just delete the entire ini and just use those 5 settings (after you figure out which version of sOblivionMods you want to use, you can only have one), because the comments seem to confuse you instead of help.

#22 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Oh huh I forgot to comment the relative path out. Though I have changed the rest to C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods as well now with their other folders appended of course.
Now it still does not fix the problem of Wrye and BOSS not launching from Mod Organizer they both still just splash on the screen and disappear

#23 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

After you had moved or reinstalled steam and skyrim did you uninstall and reinstall BOSS, WB and MO with the installer versions?

#24 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yes, to all three. I even double checked the registry before re-installing. Though Mod Organizer may not have completely been done as there was no uninstaller I did not see anything that looked to belong to it.

#25 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Ahh I bet I know, did you configure and run Skyrim at least once before installing them? Skyrim doesn't finish making its registry entries until you configure and run it :P Totally screws up other programs that depend on those registry entries. If that's not it, than I am at a loss.

#26 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Well not run it in the sense that I got to the main menu but I did get to the launcher and let it recreate the .ini files in My Games under My Documents which allowed Wyre Bash to detect the Skyrim install.

#27 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Sadly, I have no idea where you are going wrong. Do let me know when you find out the cause of your woes.

#28 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Ok Just reinstalled Mod Organizer, BOSS, and Wrye Bash again I installed Bash last and installed both versions which I've only done once before. Here are my Mod Organizer Settings, they are blank so maybe that'll help? https://s451.photobu.../Mod Organizer/

#29 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

You haven't made the photo public.

#30 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

That was odd, wonder how that happened. Either way it's public now. https://s451.photobu.../Mod Organizer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users