installing STEP help with 12gb vram and setting up

Snowelf12

Question

hey guys great guide took me a while but im getting there hopefully ive have a great stable game at the end

in enblocal i set this

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=12288      (thats the size of my vram in GPUz)
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

as ive got 12gb of Vram and 16gb system ram is this right? i do have Titan X SLI but will only play with one card as i hear the game runs better on one
i could not get Skyrim Performance Monitor to work so i deleted it kept getting a error (i do use GPUZ)
i did not install DDSopt as i dont think i need it and i am trying to keep it simple, 
im starting to install mods now took me 6 hours to get this far

this is in my Skyrim ini FILE 
[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sIntroSequence=
fFlickeringLightDistance=8192

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

added SKSE and Cell stabilizer with MO allso put them at the top of the list

yeah if you look at this https://imgur.com/qDLEoEV

thats what im worried aboutor is it normal?

ive finshed installing STEPs extended now its all working fine done helgan took about a hour making my character  , the one thing i did notist was a hight pitch sound on my headphones in character creation like every 5min it was silent in the back ground 

allso some of the setting in character creation was a little messed up like ears changing the nose and stuff like that, the main setting was fine just the odd one mixed up

just want to make sure its all working fine in case i have to re install everything

i dont really no what you mean sorry?

The Imgur gallery image you posted here and the one posted by a user (totalwar13) in the MO nexus forum is exactly the same: same detail, same URL, same everything! I logically concluded that he and you are one and the same. That user's question was answered correctly by @AaronofMpls, a long-time Nexus member and knowledgeable MO user, so I didn't feel the need to repeat his answer, there or here.

If you post the same questions in multiple locations you should expect to see the support offered is probably given by the same individuals and even if you don't, you should check all the locations you ask for those answers.

EnableCompression=true

may give you some stutter and you do not need to ddsopt anything because 4GB can handle it just fine.

thanks ive changed that, ive just finished 2.D. Fixes going to start a game see if its all working 

what a great mod/guild this is i really feel like im getting somewhere now when i done it on my own was so overwhelmed with mods and what to do and what not to do

is there any mods i should cahnge or anything as the guid is quite old?

so did i get the vram bit right?

and for this mod as i add on fully built that i could down load i would pay for it for sure 

2.D. Fixes

All memory on one of your cards does not matter at all, multi card setups have the same content stored in both cards memory if used. 

Also start at 8Gb of memory and see how that works. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to get a stable game using more than that much memory anyways. 

VideoMemorySizeMb=8192 

yeah i don't expect to get the game stable with over 6gb TBH 

yeah i no they only use 12gb vram max with both was thinking about SLI profiles if skyrim is optimized for SLI or if it will make the game unstable

im just doing one section at a time then running the cart to make sure its stable

so how much vram will this game use at 4K with STEPS?

970 uses 3.5gb vram witch is still alot what res u  useing?

guys really thanks for the help and this great guide i would be lost with out this

yeh there was a big thing about them haveing 3.5gb still i really good card for the price

im up to this bit mixed up on what it means 

Note:

• The textures/effects/fxwatertile02_n.dds and textures/effects/fxfluidtile02.dds files from this mod and SkyFalls and SkyMills are identical. (do i need to deleted any files?) 
Loot.png
Meta Rule Instructions
RealisticWaterTwo.esp

Load after:

• HearthfireChimneys.esp

i looked on loot and my load order and RealisticWaterTwo.esp is loading after  HearthfireChimneys.esp i dont get what im meant to do?

or do i do nothing this is just a wanning?

also real ice is saying red X no valid game date i tired to installer and re download i used the installer and followed the instructions 

if i can get my game stable with all these mods i will donate to STEPS as its helped me so much, ill let one of the Moderators pick how much  ::): 

Edited by ironcross13

no i cant download from nexus Failed to request file info from nexus: empty response

so i downloaded manually then put in MO download flooded when i query info get the same message in MO 

is this the nexus site should i leave it a few hours to see if its fixed

i did install a couple of mods that i had to install manually, but i did not put them in MO downloads have them in a different folder on my storage HDD, i did not query info because i did not no i had to until i googled the problem

will this cause me any problems?

Edited by ironcross13

i did have the beta but ive just installed the v1.2.18

still the same thing ive restarted my computer 

it was working fine ive done 90 mods so far just this problem come out of no where

what els could i try?

ive logged out on MO and back in again that dont seem to help

allso getthing this now ive gone to v1.2.18 

https://roman13.imgur.com/all/

Edited by ironcross13

if you read the message in the link it says 

E:/SteamLibrary2/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer/plugins/gameFallout3.dll
E:/SteamLibrary2/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer/plugins/gameFalloutNV.dll
E:/SteamLibrary2/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer/plugins/gameOblivion.dll
E:/SteamLibrary2/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer/plugins/gameSkyrim.dll

i cant find the gameskyrim.dll 

i dont understand how to do it, should i ignore the message about files being in the override folder? 

the game still starts

i really don't no what happened but i been googling this problem i tried to change MO version to 0.52.2 but when i exit it was going back to 0.52.3 

then all of a suddon its started working again somehow i really dont no what happened today with this

not been working all day even after going back to v1.2.18

myabe it was the nexus 

Edited by ironcross13