Your pets pictures thread

Octopuss

You don't. Never. Ever. Pet. A. Spider. Don't push down on the top of spider or instinct kicks in and they bite. I've had a couple tarantulas and they don't like any pressure from above.

I don't put pressure on spiders, that was worded badly by me. I handle spiders and let them crawl on my hand, but only small ones. There are no spiders in Sweden where I live that can bite humans. You can pet bumblebees though ::): . I have stopped trying to "pet" spiders and insect cause the only reason I did it was to show my daughter they aren't dangerous and help her overcome her fear of them. It failed big time. She's now close to hysteric when she sees spiders...

• +1 1

Oh dear god! I'm actually scared of rabbits! A rabbit has screamed at me and attacked me. I'm a vegetarian and animal lover and would never hurt an animal, but rabbits are a little evil ☺

I have seen a pet rabbit chase a fully grown hunting beagle out of out yard when i was a kid, so yes they are a little evil.

I have seen a pet rabbit chase a fully grown hunting beagle out of out yard when i was a kid, so yes they are a little evil.

That's nothing, watch this evil bunny.

FUN FACT: For that scene they borrowed a bunny from someone. They used this fake blood on the bunny and couldn't get it to wash off, so they spent hours furiously trying to wash the fake blood from the bunny before the owner came to pick it up.

Whatever animals you have at home, let's see them!

We have cats. Quite a few of them.

sleepy_by_octopuss-d8b1a5q.jpguntitled_by_octopuss-d8o82k2.jpg

Rest of the pictures (still just a selection, obviously) is here.

What do you have?

Is that an Abyssinian? Had one as a little child. Awesome cat. Almost like a dog in some ways.

Is that an Abyssinian? Had one as a little child. Awesome cat. Almost like a dog in some ways.

Yup, we bought the little rascal about two months ago. Some people might say it's stupid to pay for a cat, but we can clearly see the advantages of a pure breed (and then some, because abyssinians are really exotic) over all those adopted ones that either grew up in bad conditions, were separated from their mothers in early age or whatever. This one doesn't bite, isn't scared of normal things and generally doesn't exhibit any sings of weird behaviour.

• 3 weeks later...

I fed a family of black birds all last year with cherries by hand. Does that count? Sadly they flew away. That was a sad day. I have been thinking of getting a new dog for ages, but cannot decide between a Corgi or a Beagle. One has funny little legs and the other has hilariously big ears. I will see if I can get a picture of my old Shepherd up. Best looking dog I ever saw.

Beagles are pretty intense. If you have people at home with them all day it's great, but I wouldn't recommend leaving a beagle puppy at home alone unless you want noise complaints and stuff destroyed. I had to learn that the hard way. Mine was an awesome little dude, but I just didn't have the time to take care him with work and school. They bark really loud for such tiny things. The cool thing about beagles though is that if you are in bed and decide to sleep in for most the day, then they will be curled up right next to you. Also, you can take them on runs and they will stayed glued to your side as long as no rabbits show up. Ladies love them as well, in fact one of my exes stole my beagle and moved to Ohio, so be careful.

I used to always own small dogs because I was in apartments or had a small yard. Now that I have a nice backyard, I have two huge mastiffs and I don't think I'm ever getting another tiny dog. It's too much fun playing with the big guys since they can throw their weight around. Picking up after them is a chore though, let me tell you. I usually just pay my neighbors kids to do my yard work, so I can avoid having to clean up after them.

I have had one before, along with a farm's worth of other animals (never let an iguana up your curtains, lose a snake in your house for 3 months, let your fridge be eaten by locusts, or try to make a goat work on your backyard). The dog used to howl a lot come to think of it. I might get another Shepherd, but I dunno as all animals are a lot of work. I could get one like

as it would cost virtually nothing to look after.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That middle picture is so cute Kate!

madogedmstz.jpg

That was the dog I was meant to post. Most handsome animal ever. Apologies for the nighttime grainy photo, I haven't got a scanner at the moment.