• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 skjold81

skjold81

Watcher

• Citizen
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey, I am just about to embark on the step journey and would like to now if there are a list of step compatible mods somewhere, or do I have to go case by case? I`m among other things interested in npc adding/behavior mods and body and armor mods(cbbe).

#2 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Use the amidianborn armors. As for gameplay mods we are working on a list for the next release. The current set of body mods all are anime based, waiting for something lore friendly to come out.

#3 skjold81

skjold81

Watcher

• Citizen
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

Thank you, maybe I`will  try those armors then

#4 SmegmusMagnus

SmegmusMagnus

Thane

• Citizen
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

@frihyland Do you mean that you consider UNP, or LadyBody, anime-inspired? Just curious, 'cuz I don't understand how, but am willing to have the scales ripped from my eyes.

#5 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Well I don't know what you'd call it but they are certainly neither inspired by reality nor TES lore. To fill those requirements I'm interested in a unique lore friendly body type for each race and infinite unique variants on that base racial type for NPC's. Anything less doesn't work for me.  Even a well done model is still dependent on the armor and clothes packs, those are completely female anime biased. Its a moot argument for STEP anyway as we don't include NSFW material.  I expect that someone will make a nice AV version of body models eventually and thats what I will personally use.

#6 SmegmusMagnus

SmegmusMagnus

Thane

• Citizen
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Got it. I agree with your point concerning armor, even though every (rare) now and then I see one I like.

#7 Besidilo

Besidilo

General

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

The real kicker is the armor packs, those are completely anime biased and don't even attempt to be otherwise.

Neither Immersive Armour nor Omegared99 - Armour Compilation are inspired by "anime".

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I see what you mean now. Armour packs for body mods are indeed anime-like in their nature.

#8 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Most of the armor mods are anime based because many of the people that take the time to mod are from that part of the world. That being said, there are vanilla armor conversions and some lore friendly gems for the various bodies if you look.

#9 Besidilo

Besidilo

General

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Most of the armor mods are anime based because many of the people that take the time to mod are from that part of the world.

That being said, there are vanilla armor conversions and some lore friendly gems for the various bodies if you look.

I think you'll find a lot of the "skimpy" mods are by American authors. So are the armour sets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users