Wrapper or Injector version of ENB?

yvonneka

Question

I tried to search for an answer on the forums here, but wasn't able to find anything and the instructions don't seem to mention this either. 

Open enbseries_skyrim_vXXX.zip using 7-zip and extract the d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, and enblocal.ini files to a temporary folder. For reference, this will be called ENBTemp.
Open ENB Manager and Changer. *Note: Run this as an Administrator.*
In the "ENB Version" pane, click [Add]. Navigate to ENBTemp and select the d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe files, then click [Add].
In the resulting text box type 0.266 to indicate the current version downloaded then click [OK].
Verify that the version installed is selected in the drop down box.
Delete the d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe files from ENBTemp as they are now saved in ENB Manager and Changer.

But it doesn't say which version of the d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe and enblocal.ini we should be installing, the Wrapper version or the Injector version once the zip file has been downloaded. Can the instructions be amended to reflect the one we're supposed to be using? Or am I just missing something obvious here?

3 answers to this question

Ahh...thank you. I did realise that the file was missing in the Injector version but then was confused as I thought they were referring to the Injector version in the comments 

These effects are injected into Skyrim by means of a modified d3d9.dll or alternatively through an injector program supplied in the archive and are controlled by an enbseries.inienblocal.ini, and a series of .fx files containing shader code. For the purposes of the guide, the d3d9.dll method will be used. Download the 0.266 version from here. To install, perform the following:

As thus, I was sure it had to be the injector one, not the wrapper, until I saw the injector one does not have a d3d9.dll file in its folder. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.