To sleep - perchance to dream instructions

ah okay, i made all the edits i pointed out above, and a few more except for these three below as im not sure if any i mentioned are right or not (this is my first time ever modding any of the fallout or skyrim games)

Vertibird Re-textured

Better Booze

Robots HD Retexture

i editted in all i mentioned above except for this part, im unsure what is sposed to be here:)

i think theres a formatting error with a link here:

(which provides high quality retextures of the robotic toys in [[user:Kelmych/Fallout3# DCInteriors_Project]| DCInteriors Project]],

and these new problems because im not sure how to make it a bit clearer (or im not entirely sure i did it right)

Blackened

Installation: Choose and download and patches, including the Blackened RH_Ironsights - FWE - EVE patch if EVE is used and, if MMM or ""EVE is used. one of the other patches that includes FWE and Project Beauty. Install with MO; if two Blackened patches are used the Blackened RH_Ironsights - FWE - EVE should be installed last and the plugin from this mod should be loaded after the one from the other Blackened mod.

this might need to be rewritten. im guessing if one followed the guide and installed everything, you would want the "Blackened FWE - MMM - EVE - Project Beauty" and also the "Blackened RH_Ironsights - FWE - EVE"?

Rifle 'Locomotive'

LOOT reports for this mod:

NV SuperRailRifle.esp

• This plugin requires "FalloutNV.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "DeadMoney.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "HonestHearts.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "LonesomeRoad.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "OldWorldBlues.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "GunRunnersArsenal.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

Is this a problem? the guide dosnt mention anything

one last question (ive finally finished the guide except creating a bashed patch and optimising textures) for all of the "Paradox Ignition presents" mods, should they be merged with the original mod or installed as their own?

ex: install "Marts Mutant Mod - RC 62" as the instructions show then download "Paradox Ignition presents Marts Mutant Mod Merged" and merge it with the "Marts Mutant Mod - RC 62"

Edited by fartflower

I don't understand how the 'Locomotive Rifle' is included in this guide!

It is a New Vegas mod that adds a 'new' weapon into the game and none of the textures can be moved into a location to replace any existing weapon.

If it was just a re-texture then sure, we can dispense with the plugin and avoid the New Vegas masters being missing, but unless I'm missing something I can't see how.

ah okay, i made all the edits i pointed out above, and a few more except for these three below as im not sure if any i mentioned are right or not (this is my first time ever modding any of the fallout or skyrim games)

Vertibird Re-textured

Better Booze

Robots HD Retexture

i editted in all i mentioned above except for this part, im unsure what is sposed to be here:)

i think theres a formatting error with a link here:

(which provides high quality retextures of the robotic toys in [[user:Kelmych/Fallout3# DCInteriors_Project]| DCInteriors Project]],

it's fixed now

and these new problems because im not sure how to make it a bit clearer (or im not entirely sure i did it right)

Blackened

Installation: Choose and download and patches, including the Blackened RH_Ironsights - FWE - EVE patch if EVE is used and, if MMM or ""EVE is used. one of the other patches that includes FWE and Project Beauty. Install with MO; if two Blackened patches are used the Blackened RH_Ironsights - FWE - EVE should be installed last and the plugin from this mod should be loaded after the one from the other Blackened mod.

this might need to be rewritten. im guessing if one followed the guide and installed everything, you would want the "Blackened FWE - MMM - EVE - Project Beauty" and also the "Blackened RH_Ironsights - FWE - EVE"?

this is being revised

Rifle 'Locomotive'

The installation instruction line got lost. Install only the optional textures; fixed now in the guide.

LOOT reports for this mod:

NV SuperRailRifle.esp

• This plugin requires "FalloutNV.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "DeadMoney.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "HonestHearts.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "LonesomeRoad.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "OldWorldBlues.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• This plugin requires "GunRunnersArsenal.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

Is this a problem? the guide dosnt mention anything

one last question (ive finally finished the guide except creating a bashed patch and optimising textures) for all of the "Paradox Ignition presents" mods, should they be merged with the original mod or installed as their own?

ex: install "Marts Mutant Mod - RC 62" as the instructions show then download "Paradox Ignition presents Marts Mutant Mod Merged" and merge it with the "Marts Mutant Mod - RC 62"

Paradox Ignition released a new version of the merged plugin. The instructions are being revised to use it.

I don't understand how the 'Locomotive Rifle' is included in this guide!

It is a New Vegas mod that adds a 'new' weapon into the game and none of the textures can be moved into a location to replace any existing weapon.

If it was just a re-texture then sure, we can dispense with the plugin and avoid the New Vegas masters being missing, but unless I'm missing something I can't see how.

The installation instruction line got lost. Install only the optional textures; fixed now in the guide.

Ahh... that small addition makes all the difference to the instructions now.

I've only looked at those textures outside the game, not actually on the railgun just yet, and I'm not sure if they make any noticeable difference aside from the radioactive decal. Are they really that much better to warrant installing?

all thats left of that im unsure of is this one:

Vertibird Re-textured

Installation: Choose one of the three main files and install with MO, selecting one of the textures in the file.

im not sure the "selecting one of the textures in the file" needs to be there? in the archives there are these files and nothing else (aside from a text file)

vertibirda.dds
vertibirda_n.dds
vertibirdb.dds
vertibirdb_n.dds

also is there any way to make the subtitles slightly bigger (using darnified)? or would the font files need to be replaced?

i just left it as is and have been playing for a good few hours, i did everything in the guide except for a few small mods and optimising the textures, and only added the "ties that bind" companion mod. Aside from some little things that didnt impact the game (the birth scene has some weird floating or zooming around with your dad and the nurse, and the 2nd hispanic race choice seems to be bugged, different text and sizes for some item descriptions) the game looks beautiful and plays nice. bloody hard as balls now though.

thanks for the great guide, and everyone else that contributed to it. hopefully the changes i made/recommended make it easier for newcomers to start modding.

Edited by fartflower