Better High Details Maps and Icons - Fix isn't working

Tried changing the height on the lines noted in the guide, but it didn't work. Additionally the guide said to change it from 660 to 650, but my default height was 724. I tried re-installing the mod using 4K textures, but the problem remained, and the height default was still 724.

I know I'm a problem child at this point with all the help I'm asking, sorry about that!

When the mods are initially installed "Better High Detail Maps and Icons" determines which Pipboy replacer mod is being used (based on the associated plugin name). The fomod script then selects a number of the values used in "menus\main\map_menu.xml". If you didn't have "Omnis Hi-Res Pip-Boy 3000 - FIXED" installed before installing "Better High Detail Maps and Icons", or if you are using a different Pipboy replacer, you won't be able to use the line numbers in the guide for this change; you will need to determine the correct line numbers to use. If you install or remove a pipboy replacer after installing "Better High Detail Maps and Icons" then the best approach is to remove the "Better High Detail Maps and Icons" mod in MO and then reinstall it. You don't have to use "Omnis Hi-Res Pip-Boy 3000 - FIXED", but if you don't you will have to determine the correct line numbers yourself. There are some posts in the guide forums about this for other Pipboy replacers. I had to pick one for this guide and I chose to use the mod that is also used for the Fallout NV guide.

I made some small additions to this mod's details in the guide with the information above.

Is omnis suppose to have a .esp or .esm file? The mod has no plugins for me, only the texture files.

EDIT: I should have mentioned this in the OP- but their were two problems.

In addition to the map being to low, the text boxes were also to low- they were behind the pitboy buttons, making most unusable. 

While lines 149, 268, 393 were moving the map, I was never able to adjust the text boxes until I changed line 55 (under Main Positioning Rect). I've almost got some good numbers patted down now.

I was able to get a good setup (though they aren't dead on in line with the other pipboy menus) by putting lines 149, 268 and 393 to 625, and line 55 to 690

Edited by Toosdey

The fomod script in the mod looks for the plugins for Pipboy 2500 or Pipboy Readius. If neither is present it uses the default map parameters, which are the ones needed for Omnis Pipboy 3000 (which has no plugin). Changing the map height should automatically raise the text boxes; it did for me.

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to add that I had the exact same problem -- I installed Omnis, then I installed Better Maps, and found similar code in the XML. (724 instead of 660.) Changing this value to 650 did not appear to do anything. I even reinstalled Better Maps and still had the same experience. 

I'll add a comment in the guide with this information in case others have similar problems. I've installed "Better High Detail Maps and Icons" multiple times but I've never had the problems that you and others who use the Omnis pipboy replacer mention.