169 replies to this topic

#151 mcshame

mcshame

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hi Adonis. Curious if you plan on doing an update on your guide? Looking forward to building and trying it but would time it around your next update if there will be one.

Cheers

#152 Wicketklown001

Wicketklown001

Prisoner

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

I think he is waiting for the next update to TTW at which point I would expect a major update/revision

#153 redirishlord

redirishlord

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:12 PM

Excited for that TTW update, my FO3 & FNV are just gathering dust.

#154 abshell

abshell

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

Got bored of FO4 coming back to FO3 for a replay (its been about ten years? wow... still remember going to the midnight release to get the 360 version!). I'm a newb to this guide. I'm not really interested in the FNV side of things as I strictly want to replay FO3 with the improvements in the FNV engine with Project Nevada on top of it. So I'm looking at all the steps, and I'm seeing links from the FNV nexus and some from the FO3 nexus, and a couple of tweaks from the TTW forums. Do I need to still download everything even if I intend to only play in the FO3 section, as I mentioned? For example, one of the mods is Ragdolls from the FNV nexus. Does this also work on the FO3 side of things for NPCs? Do the textures overlap? If I use book of steel will the texture improvements also show up in Washington? Same with enhanced camera.

Thanks for helping out a newb!

#155 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:10 AM

Yes to Ragdolls because essentially you're starting everything up from the FNV executable in a sense since the engine iteration you're playing is FNVs. 

Everything else I wouldn't know tbqh.

#156 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

Hi all,

TTW 3.1 itself it pretty much done, with the last couple things on the installer currently holding up release (no clear ETA). There are significant performance improvements:

• All BSA for both FNV and FO3 are now uncompressed by the installer, drastically reducing asset load time on SSD
  • Vanilla quest stages and scripting have been overhauled for performance, and TTW now has its own NVSE plugin
  • Hundreds (thousands?) of meshes have been fixed, reducing memory usage and errors
  • Missing/incorrectly encoded sound files have been addressed, boosting performance, as the game would continuously try to load the file even if it can't find it, hammering performance

I'm currently only running TTW 3.1 and don't have the older version of TTW installed. I'm working on the guide for 3.1 on a separate page and will migrate it over the replace the current page around launch. Please continue to post any bugs on the current guide, but know that I am focusing on 3.1+.

Exiting things on the horizon!

On related news, Alnet, the author of Oblivion Reloaded and Skyrim Reloaded, is working on New Vegas Reloaded! This should help address many of the shader bugs, as well as adding new graphical features, which is particularly nice as New Vegas ENB is nowhere near as feature rich as Skyrim's.

Edited by Adonis_VII, 28 July 2018 - 11:34 PM.

#157 mcshame

mcshame

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:41 PM

Hi all,

TTW 3.1 itself it pretty much done, with the last couple things on the installer currently holding up release (no clear ETA). There are significant performance improvements:

• All BSA for both FNV and FO3 are now uncompressed by the installer, drastically reducing asset load time on SSD
  • Vanilla quest stages and scripting have been overhauled for performance, and TTW now has its own NVSE plugin
  • Hundreds (thousands?) of meshes have been fixed, reducing memory usage and errors
  • Missing/incorrectly encoded sound files have been addressed, boosting performance, as the game would continuously try to load the file even if it can't find it, hammering performance

I'm currently only running TTW 3.1 and don't have the older version of TTW installed. I'm working on the guide for 3.1 on a separate page and will migrate it over the replace the current page around launch. Please continue to post any bugs on the current guide, but know that I am focusing on 3.1+.

Exiting things on the horizon!

On related news, Alnet, the author of Oblivion Reloaded and Skyrim Reloaded, is working on New Vegas Reloaded! This should help address many of the shader bugs, as well as adding new graphical features, which is particularly nice as New Vegas ENB is nowhere near as feature rich as Skyrim's.

Thanks for the update!

#158 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:32 AM

I can't wait!

#159 baul91

baul91

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

Adonis_VII

Are you playing vanilla TTW 3.1 or you already have it modded? Just to know if i should wait for the release or follow the STEP for 2.9

#160 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:20 AM

Adonis_VII

Are you playing vanilla TTW 3.1 or you already have it modded? Just to know if i should wait for the release or follow the STEP for 2.9

I am playing a modded TTW 3.1, but I have culled many mods.

The dilemma is that over the 4 years since the last TTW release, and many more years since the release of many mods, the community has improved in modding design, particularly in terms of performance. For instance, see the following excerpt from Roy regarding PN:

"One of the effect scripts is using GetSecondsPassed, so it never dispels and stacks infinitely because that function does not work in effect scripts. It needs to be changed to ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds.

There's also a bug with IsSpellTarget for many people, this function is unreliable. It can be fixed by using IsSpellTargetAlt in JIPLN. This bug causes the Headshot Monitor to stack infinitely and never dispel.

There are other bugs which effect AI and sneaking in particular, the AI settings tweaks need to be completely removed or made toggleable via the MCM. This is a real problem in TTW and completely breaks Liberty Prime, and also makes sneaking past Elijah impossible, it is also the culprit which makes the Ghost people have seemingly infinite perception, FWE has the same bug with Liberty Prime because it's the same implementation.

Another bug is with the Knockdown effects, they do not check if the actor has "no knockdowns" and/or "not pushable" which can break their AI when the Scripted Package is applied, it can interfere with their package stack and leave them stuck unable to evaluate an AI package forever. This can be fixed also with JIPLN by using a formlist reject, the list can built using GLTA and filtering all NPCs and Creatures with either or both of those flags into a new array and then putting that array into the rejection formlist. This bug breaks turrets, Liberty Prime in TTW, Legate Lanius, and other actors with these flags.

I''ve done this stuff and many other fixes, but only for myself a long ways back... I don't know how clean it is and I no longer use PN so I'm not really interested in fixing it. If someone is *really* interested and has the skills to do so (miguick?) I would be happy to pass my patches and let them examine/update them and release a patch. Some of the fixes may be in the TTW patch, so having a copy of TTW installed will probably be needed

Similarly there are alignment issues with ALL existing gun meshes and animations, which has been addressed in Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod (Mojave side) and in TTW (DC side) for the assets, and in both the recent Darn UI and Vanilla ++ for the UI targeting reticles. This really makes a different in terms of the responsiveness of combat. Things like Millenia's WRP however have not been updated to this standard yet, so I am conflicted as I don't want to cause regressions.

Similarly there is a team fixing all armors in the game, which removes bugs (like most female armors having pip-boy clipping) and improves performance by reducing the constant error catching and allowing more accurate shader selection, which integrates with enhancements like ENB and NVR.

Edited by Adonis_VII, 25 August 2018 - 12:22 AM.

#161 Sn3azer

Sn3azer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:56 PM

hello, I need help here, does anybody have ttw-fo3_hirezd.7z? need it .. thanks

#162 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:28 PM

hello, I need help here, does anybody have ttw-fo3_hirezd.7z? need it .. thanks

I need to recover my account on TTW's new site before I can update instructions. Here are the two files in the meantime.

https://www.dropbox.... Hirezd.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox....VE v1_2.7z?dl=0

I will be updating them to reflect the mesh fixes Roy has done in the 3 years since I made the patch for the 3.1 release.

#163 Ser_Dakota

Ser_Dakota

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

The links for the conversion scrips do not work anymore, are they the files you linked in the post above mine? Also you mentioned that your working on a 3.1 guide, should i just wait a month or 2 for that or is it still mostly the same guide?

Edited by Ser_Dakota, 23 September 2018 - 10:39 PM.

#164 Adonis_VII

Adonis_VII

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:06 AM

TTW 3.2 should be coming out next month. All TTW patched files will need to be either reconverted or remade.

Unfortunately however, STEP is changing the backend API on guides. This means user guides on non-Skyrim (possibly FO4) games will no longer be supported. Therefore, while I will continue to develop my upcoming mods as well as update TTW patches, I do not plan on completing a TTW 3.2+ guide.

Edited by Adonis_VII, 28 September 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#165 Veezy

Veezy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:02 PM

TTW 3.2 should be coming out next month. All TTW patched files will need to be either reconverted or remade.

Unfortunately however, STEP is changing the backend API on guides. This means user guides on non-Skyrim (possibly FO4) games will no longer be supported. Therefore, while I will continue to develop my upcoming mods as well as update TTW patches, I do not plan on completing a TTW 3.2+ guide.

Adonis,

Is there a place to follow your work?  I'm anxious to try and pick up TTW once 3.2 hits and following a guide like yours seems the best bet, as it's incredibly thorough.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fallout_NV, fallout_nv, ttw

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users