FO3LODGen (by Ehamloptiran Sheson and FO3Edit Team)

Kelmych

FO3LODGEN allows generation of object LOD for the Worldspaces in Fallout 3 using objects that are "visible from distant" from the current load order. There are already equivalent mods for TES5 (Skyrim)TES4 (Oblivion), and Fallout NV (not yet available). Details of how to use the Fallout 3 version are available on the Nexus page.

This will be added to the Clear and Present Danger Fallout 3 guide once it has tested with the mods in the guide so that instructions and recommendations specific to this guide can be added.

It's really great.  I haven't run into any issues with any FO3 textures like I did with FNV for this (LOD texture shouldn't be more than 1024).  It really does alot to fill out the wasteland.

Edited by Adonis_VII

Since you already provided a guide entry for the FNV mod you might also want to add this to the FO3 guide if you have time. I haven't had a chance yet to go through the details of using this so it will be a little while before I add it.

• 4 years later...

Hi, I know I am a little late to the discussion. But I have been trying to mod Fallout 3 and making it run smoothly. I was finally done installing all the mods I wish to use and am trying to figure out how to use DDSopt to optimize my textures. However, I also came across another guide suggesting me to use the FO3LOD Gen for better frame rates too. I would like to know if I should use both DDSopt and FO3 LOD Gen as I am not sure if they will conflict. Also, I was curious if DDSopt and LOD gen (either separately or individually) will improve my random FPS drops (60 to 30-40ish) at random areas in Fallout 3?