GIANT (by Kajuan)

TechAngel85

If screenshots are anything...this one better than Gamwich's. Gamwich's focuses on performance with a little detail enhancement. This mod is a complete re-texture in the vanilla style. I usually side with Gamwich, but I doubt I would this time.

This is basically (but not entirely) an upscale of the vanilla texture with some sort of noise over it. Not impressed. I wonder when will people start creating their own textures (yes I'm aware it's damn difficult).

Edited by Octopuss

This is basically (but not entirely) an upscale of the vanilla texture with some sort of noise over it. Not impressed. I wonder when will people start creating their own textures (yes I'm aware it's damn difficult).

I think it's quite more than just an upscale.  Look at the mod's Nexus page at the pics provided by the author - find the one that compares the original giant face to his version.  His looks so much better and it's not merely just some kind of noise or filter used to make it different.

• +1 2

If screenshots are anything...this one better than Gamwich's. Gamwich's focuses on performance with a little detail enhancement. This mod is a complete re-texture in the vanilla style. I usually side with Gamwich, but I doubt I would this time.

Look at the texture files and you will see. Performance and detail enhancement can be achieved.

I also hope people consider Gamwich's performance textures. I don't know if they're better here, but I think it warrants a comparison. I would make comparisons myself, but I somehow deleted all of Skyrim (including custom mods, meshes, and textures) a week ago and I'm only now trying to piece what I had back together.

I was consistently impressed with Gamwich's performance textures. It's unfortunate that people don't consider them simply because of their low resolution.

Edited by Harpalus

I also hope people consider Gamwich's performance textures. I don't know if they're better here, but I think it warrants a comparison. I would make comparisons myself, but I somehow deleted all of Skyrim (including custom mods, meshes, and textures) a week ago and I'm only now trying to piece what I had back together.

I was consistently impressed with Gamwich's performance textures. It's unfortunate that people don't consider them simply because of their low resolution.

That is not why they wouldn't be considered. They can be compared against this mod but from what I've seen. This mod is better. This mod also goes down as far as 1K, whereas, Gamwich states plain as day on his mod page the giants where left at 2K diffuse and 2K normal. So if performance is all you want, this mod would be the better go at the 1K resolution. Just putting that out there for where the giants are concerned.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...