Texture changes at different hours of day?

onem4nb4nd

Question

I have at least one snow/rock texture that appears normal between 9pm and a little after midnight. During the rest of the day it is entirely distorted - it even looks like an entirely different texture. I can actually watch it change back and forth while 'waiting' so it's obviously time-of-day related but I have no idea what would cause it.
I am running ENB and the Skyrim revisited pack with quite a few changes or additions but I'm just wondering if someone knows where to start looking to fix this problem.
Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/1oNKP#0

Edited by onem4nb4nd

4 answers to this question

That is just the LOD texture that is loaded instead of the up close one. After a while it should transition into the proper one. The most common cause for this is that the game cannot load in all assets quick enough. 

That's what I thought it looked like but I wonder what causes it to appear as normal at a certain time of day and then as the LOD when all that changes is the clock. It also doesn't 'transition into the proper one after a while' so I'd still like to know what's going on if someone has an idea.
I'll mark your help as the answer after a little while longer unless someone else has a better clue about this problem.
Thanks, Aiyen!

Edited by onem4nb4nd