Skyrim - Using MO & FNIS with multiple profiles

Llares

Question

Hello all,

I'm using multiple profiles with MO. Can I use FNIs with all of these profiles or do I have to make a sperate install with a different name for each, incl. the output Mod from the overwrites? Or can I just change to the profile, run FNIS and copy the data from the overwrites into a profile- specific mod? 

Another question: I have one profile for highly immersive play and another with total different mods for testing around and I was always wondering, if I can use different body models (UNP, CBBE,...) or animation systems on different profiles or does one overwrite the other? Right now, I try to avoid conflicts by not using different mods and using the same load order.

Thanks for your help! 

Edited by Llares

3 answers to this question

And then move the data from overwrite in a profile-specific Mod- folder? And it is no problem to have different base- mods like skeleton, body, environment- textures in different profiles?

Edited by Llares

Sorry to necro this but it is the top result in google currently when you search "fnis mod organizer multiple profiles" and after struggling so long to find a functional answer I wanted to post this somewhere that may help someone else.

I was experiencing an issue with Skyrim Mod Organizer 1.3.11 and FNIS Behavior 7.0 where I could use anims in one profile with the usual methods (will expand below) then i could generate again for another profile but when switching back to the first profile i would get T-Pose. Below is the solution I found from start to end.

Create profile A

Install all the mods you desire including your animation mods

Install FNIS BUT NAME IT FNIS - PROFILE A (just make sure its not default and also identifiable)

Make sure the overwrite folder is completely empty

Check the FNIS - Profile A Mod

Go to the Configure 3rd party exes option

Remove FNIS if it exists

Add the FNIS - Profile A copy of generateFNISforUsers.exe and name it FNIS - Profile A

Run FNIS - Profile A and close it immediately

Choose cancel to generate a file in the overwrite mod

Open overwrite and drag the tools folder to the mod FNIS - Profile A

Check all the animation mods you will want available in Profile A

Run FNIS - Profile A and choose the proper fixes

Generate

Once complete create a mod from the overwrite mod and name in something like FNIS - Profile A - AnimPack

Check that mod

Create Profile B

Install ANOTHER COPY OF FNIS and name it something like FNIS - PROFILE B

Make sure the overwrite folder is completely empty

Check the FNIS - Profile B Mod

Go to the Configure 3rd party exes option

Add the FNIS - Profile B copy of generateFNISforUsers.exe and name it FNIS - Profile B

Run FNIS - Profile B and close it immediately

Choose cancel to generate a file in the overwrite mod

Open overwrite and drag the tools folder to the mod FNIS - Profile B

Check all the animation mods you will want available in Profile B

Run FNIS - Profile B and choose the proper fixes

Generate

Once complete create a mod from the overwrite mod and name in something like FNIS - Profile B - AnimPack

Check that mod

You should now have animations for both profiles they can overlap if you wish but the FNIS mod and AnimPacks have to be profile specific as near as I can tell.

Thanks to user Thehunteroftruth over at LL for posting the fix even though it got buried near the end of the thread. I spent WAY longer than I'd like to admit trying to figure this one out. Hoping this stops anyone else from getting stuck.

Edited by LocalTech