STEP Texture Compilation (by TechAngel85 and the STEP Team)

TechAngel85

If you install SFO 2.0+ then it doesn't matter since that mod overwrites this file. 

I'm referring to the re-colored pines and the files we instruct to hide because of them. Don't think a user would want those files if they're using SFO 2.+ but still following our instructions to hide those files. You know it'll happen eventually and more than once. :^_^: Then if they want to install their own Billboards, there is no need to have our. It's just keeping the files clean and the conflicts down is all.

An earlier version contained a txt file stating what mods were used in the pack but not 1.2. Which texture mods are (either wholly or partly) included in the STEP Texture Complitation?

EDIT: And also, how is it nessesary for DynDOLOD?

EDIT 2: And why do you delete old files from Nexus?

Edited by TorNyan

An earlier version contained a txt file stating what mods were used in the pack but not 1.2. Which texture mods are (either wholly or partly) included in the STEP Texture Complitation?

EDIT: And also, how is it nessesary for DynDOLOD?

EDIT 2: And why do you delete old files from Nexus?

1) That was my bad. I've updated the OP with the ReadMe file.

2) It contains the necessary billboards for DynDOLOD.

3) Delete old files because they are no longer necessary or "good" files for the current Guide. We do not maintain old Guides or old files for those Guides. This also keeps our Nexus files clean and organized better.

• 1 month later...

Please help me clarify one aspect of the compilation. Since i did not install SFO in my STEP installation (instead i installed "Decrease those plants" in its place), i only installed the texture folders "dirtcliffs", "roads" and the two dirt02-files from the compilation, then separately installed the vanilla billboards (from the TES5LODGen page) for DYNDOLOD, assuming all other files were related to SFO and i could not use them. 

I am not sure if i did this right and now something will be missing in the game? Any insights would be much appreciated. Thank you (and also, this being my first post, thank you so much for the STEP-guide and enhancing the game so beautifully...)

Thank you, TechAngel. That is quite a relief (i am very new to this, using STEP and MO for the first time...). My reasons for not using SFO are simply performance related (with 2gb VRAM and an older 3mhz dual core i didn't even try this mod, when the wiki stated SFO as the "most VRAM intensive mod in STEP").

To what mod instructions built around SFO are you referring (or is this a question for another topic?)?

The only ones that are coming to mind right now are for Trees HD. You may or may not want to hide the files we say to. I don't know, to be honest. It'll take some experimenting.

That statement is a bit old, but might still be true. The trees from SFO are probably the most intensive part of the mod.

• 1 month later...