Failed to Assign to Job Object 5

Descivii

Question

So, with the new version (3.1.1) of TES5Edit, MO gives me a 'Failed to Assign to Job Object 5' error. If I revert to 3.1 then I dont have the problem but I can't use DynDOLOD as it tells me I need to update TES5Edit to 3.1.1. I have tried the Nexus, the Github and AFK downloads and they all have the same effect for 3.1.1. I seen 1 other post about it but the OP  never replied whether he solved it or not.

Edited by Descivii

6 answers to this question

This shouldn't keep TES5Edit from running, right?

Processes started by MO are assigned to a job object which allows MO to remain locked until the process and all its child processes have finished. Something with TES5Edit seems to prevent that in your case but it should still run and work just fine. 

Thanks for the replies guys; I appreciate any help. I'd give ya a log from TES5Edit but it doesn't create a log. So MO is open and if I run TES5Edit 3.1 it runs fine, if I run 3.1.1 then it throws the above mentioned error. TES5Edit does technically run but any changes or files created are not saved despite the save function saying they are. Let me know what I can do to help you cause I want to run DynDOLOD and 3.1.1 is necesary to do that since 3.1 tells me to update to 3.1.1 and hence my problem.

Thanks for the replies guys; I appreciate any help. I'd give ya a log from TES5Edit but it doesn't create a log. So MO is open and if I run TES5Edit 3.1 it runs fine, if I run 3.1.1 then it throws the above mentioned error. TES5Edit does technically run but any changes or files created are not saved despite the save function saying they are. Let me know what I can do to help you cause I want to run DynDOLOD and 3.1.1 is necesary to do that since 3.1 tells me to update to 3.1.1 and hence my problem.

Can TES5Edit access your MO load order?

Yes, it does. All mods are shown properly and if I run a merge patch or DynDOLOD for example it will go through the proper steps but the file is not actually created anywhere. Just to double check; I have searched my whole computer just in case it for some odd reason stuck it on another drive but nothing is actually created. The only indicator is the error mentioned in MO on the log line at the bottom.

I have tried running 3.1 and 3.1.1 from the same location with the same folder name and only 3.1 will work correctly. It knows.....