v2.2.9.2 Development

TechAngel85

OK, so now we're finally making sense of it. The description made it too confusing, that's for sure.

That supposed permanent FOV fix is bogus. It violates the following value rules I discovered and added to the STEP Configuration Settings guide:

The fov settings only accept floating point numbers. X is not a number, so the setting will be read as not equaling anything (i.e., blank), which will reset it to its default value, which is 65.

I figured the X would make it blank, and the changing FOV in console, then saving, would overwrite those Xs with real values. I assumed the guy was trying to insert the lines into the INI without any value, perhaps to make the console overwrite and save the lines.

I put the info in about the decimals, etc. because I wasn't sure why he would not just use one X. He used a specific number for each of the three lines, and I believe one of those lines had a decimal place, with more Xs afterward.

I'll see if I can dig up the link.

EDIT: Link I was trying to dig up was in fact the link Z already posted on the previous page, Preserving FOV in Skyrim.

Edited by Nebulous112

It says in that post to replace the XX with your desired FOV value. ::P:

Well if that the case, than that is EXACTLY what the FOV tweak in the STEP Configuration Settings Guide is (Except for the one setting which the author misplaced into the wrong INI file and INI section)! So that isn't new.

I wouldn't be surprised if my FOV INI tweak actually does persist, but that all the naysayers simply had the settings in the wrong places.

OK, so several of the preceding posts have been updated, so suggest anyone that was here about an hour before this post re-reads the last few posts :P

Start here and read on ... feedback/confirmation would be appreciated!

Well if that the case, than that is EXACTLY what the FOV tweak in the STEP Configuration Settings Guide is (Except for the one setting which the author misplaced into the wrong INI file and INI section)! So that isn't new.

I wouldn't be surprised if my FOV INI tweak actually does persist, but that all the naysayers simply had the settings in the wrong places.

Could we have confirmation that what we have actually does preserve the setting as one would expect? I don't trust either source 100% at this point!

EDIT: oh, and I don't trust the ini value (65) at all and never did. Until I have your confirmation (after testing however you see fit), the only sure way to check/set the fov is via the console ... some have reported that the game adds either 65 or 75 as the INI value, depending on hardware detection, but I am not sure.

Makes sense to leave it if a bunch of testing is needed to determine recommended values. However, regardless of the "correct" values for the settings, if your suggested use of those settings in the Skyrim Enhanced Camera .ini will keep FOV from resetting, then that is phenomenal. I'm excited to try those settings out.

While talking about FoV this might be interesting to know;

I have tested and confirmed this on my setup.

At 1080p and Ultra shadow settings, I can not set a higher FoV than 67 I think it was, above that value the shadows changes quality based on the viewing angle. Same instance occurs in Fallout 4, but with Ultra shadows and 1080p I didn't get until FoV 110. So somehow Bethesda improved it at least.

Edited by JawZ

Weather mods

Lightning during Thunder Storms

Supreme Storms

True Storms - Thunder and Rain Redone

Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel

NIGHTS

Realistic Nights

These , are not bad , at night in a storm , your going die , if you dont think ahead :)