The Return Of The White Wolf (a comprehensive Witcher 3 modding guide)

rootsrat

Thanks, doing my best :)

As for the mod, there is no need to install it - it will replace your user.settings file with the one you download and you will loose ALL your settings. I actually had this setting modified in the previous version of the guide (and I still have it in my own file), but I forgot to add it in the new version - thanks for reminding me! :)

Possibly so. I was thinking of trying out various AA options from the Inpector for example. I just don't have much time to play around with this lately. I'll get to it eventually :)

With Windows10 and DirectX 12 I gained 5-10 fps for free. :-)

I believe we have room to tweak the game a little more.

I'm actually in the process of preparing my PC for a fresh install of Win10 (making backups, cleaning the drives, rearranging my storage etc.). The work on the guide will be on hold until I sort everything out, set up the new system, do some testing, reinstall all my software etc... It may be a few weeks, depending on how much free time I get to do all that.

CURRENTLY SUPPORTED GAME VERSION: 

LATEST UPDATES:

• 08/08/2015
    • Updated the guide to work with 1.08 game version
    • Added modification of gameplay.ini file
    • Dropped ReShade preset. Users are now free to install their own.
    • Provided general instruction on installing ReShade preset.
    • Changed monitor calibration section

Big news today guys! The Modkit is released! Bear in mind it's not the full RedKit 2 editor, but it just gives access to game files etc. More detail in this interview. And some links below.

Getting started / FAQ

Official sample mods for practise Nexus upload

I'll be definitely be checking this out and I'm expecting the changes to the guide happening pretty soon, when people will start using this tool. 

Happy days!

MAJOR GUIDE UPDATE:

LATEST UPDATES:

The modders are going crazy, there are plenty new mods to choose from. Absolutely amazing that the community is responding, the need for the official modding tool was very high, love to see that!

LATEST UPDATES:

LATEST UPDATES:

LATEST UPDATES:

• 19/08/2015
    • Guide section changes:

• Mods Updated:
      • Ciri Ashen Hair
        • To version 1.02. No special instructions, just remove old file and install the new one

• Fix Exp for quest
        • To version 4.5.

• This mod was converted to ModKit format. Please follow these steps to UNINSTALL the old version first and then see the new installation instructions how to install the new version:
          • Navigate to \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\patch0\bundles folder

• If you don't have the old file with the mod (Version 4) download it from Nexus and unpack it to that folder

• Run Uninstall.bat file

• If you are prompted to skip the file you type: "force" and press Enter

• After the uninstallation is finished press Enter to close the program

• Now head over to the mod section and install the new version as per the new instructions

• No Auto Sword Sheathe - Unsheathe:
        • Optional files: No Auto Sword Unsheathe updated to version 1.1

• NEW FILE >> Optional files: Combat Distance Fix (with manual combat stance toggle) file added - see installation instructions

• This mod contains scripts. See instructions for Main Map Zoom mod.

• No Talk Icon
        • To version 1.0.2.

• This mod contains scripts. See instructions for Main Map Zoom mod.

• Mods Added: