Game freezing after ~30 seconds of being in

Natorius

Question

I installed Fear and Loathing using the S.T.E.P. guide over the last few days.  I feel like I got all the installation and everything right but my computer seems to freeze after just a little bit in the game.

The game looks great, loads fine, no camera/mouse/UI issues etc etc outside of FOV but after a little while of being in the game my computer freezes and I have to log out just to get it to close.

I'm not really sure what I can to do try and fix it.  Is my best option to just uninstall everything and start over?  Make a new profile and select each mod to enable in the order of the guide?

I am on Windows 8.1.  Updated to the newest AMD drivers on a clean install of Windows.  Steam is in my D:\ directory, running most things in Administrator mode.  I've used loot etc.

Not sure what other information I can post.

Well... I have now completed the guide for the third time.  The first time I know I definitely screwed up when merging mods.  The second time I am iffy on and am not positive I did everything right.  This third time I feel fairly confident that I followed everything exactly.  I did the last couple of steps and sorted using LOOT and made my bashed patch and now experience freezing in Doc Mitchell's house.  If I disable the bashed patch and enable the rest of the plugins again I do not experience said freezing.

As far as I can tell I followed the bashed patch directions exactly.  I am really confused at this point.

I think I've given up on trying to mod New Vegas.  I am 99% sure that I followed the pack exactly on my third fresh install and I'm still getting very frequent freezes.  I appreciate the work you've put into this.

Edit: I honestly think the bashed patch is the culprit here.  I can rebuild the patch following the guide and freeze within five seconds of loading the game but if I enable all the plugins and disable the patch I'm fine.  I don't really understand why that would happen at all.

Edited by Natorius

I followed the Guide also and can't do much. Honestly seems AMD drivers suck and the FX are written for NVIDIA cards. Even Boris stated that he will no longer d anything for AMD with his ENB. In Skyrim I had to use Organic ENB with the Crimson drivers. Now with this Guide and older 15 series drivers I still get loaded then crash while loading. Originally worked fine all done until I went to go out the very first door. Then crash bang boom and done! So not sure 3 days of modding is worth 3 minutes of game time if issues with AMD constantly exist.

Never mind - Screw the ENB's & modding, done wasting time on BS software

Edited by krossbonzz

Sorry guys. I had the same thoughts entering my head before I started the mod guide. Anything can happen and you could have it 100% keyed in, and without gurus who shared your issue, it's over. I was one of the lucky ones, for now. Game runs fine, just need to fix the texture "exclamation point" issue in Weapons of the New Millenia when I have time.