• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 koopaco

koopaco

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

I am currently using Mod Organizer and plan on getting a new SSD. I will be transferring Skyrim to the new SSD. Will it work to just copy and paste all folders to the new SSD and then change the target directories? Or are there special steps? Or will I have to just reinstall everything?

Thanks

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

You'll probably want to use Steam to move Skyrim to the new SSD. If you do move Skyrim to the SSD, back up all your ENB files in the Skyrim folder first so you can restore them to the new SSD. Also be sure to run the Skyrim Launcher once so it sets itself up properly.

As for Mod Organizer, you can reinstall Mod Organizer to the new SSD and then copy over the downloads, mods, overwrite, plugins, and profiles folders to the new Mod Organizer folder. I usually back up the entire Mod Organizer folder to an external drive or network folder to make sure I have a good copy before shutting down to make sure I have one good copy in a safe place, but I tend to be a bit obsessive-compulsive with data. ;-)

#3 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

One of the good things about MO is there are no 'hidden settings' or registry entries. Everything is just an entry in a set of text files in each 'profile' folder in addition to the ini files for MO itself.

#4 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

I moved my install to a different location and everything changed as expected.

I didnt have to alter anything other then some LODGen locations

#5 koopaco

koopaco

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

That is good news thanks for the responses!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod organizer, ssd, installation, install, transfer, move

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users