Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

What Neo said, but add "... if it weren't for all the other mods that screw it up." I'm going to jump on the "Wait Until Patched Are Made" bandwagon, though from my reading of the page, the ones I want patches for may not get them (ETaC in particular, but several others besides.)

Shurah took time to reach out to me about the No NPC Greeting and fAIMinGreetingDistance comment he made earlier on after seeing it discussed here. Here's what he said,

Hi TechAngel85,

I see that there is a discussion about fAIMinGreetingDistance on the STEP forum. I would like to inform you that I withdraw that I said about fAIMinGreetingDistance. My thought about fAIMinGreetingDistance was the result of poorly designed experiments, the conversation bug that I encountered was caused by something else (I have done new expriments since). Sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards

I think it says something about his character to reach out to us, without being asked, to clear something like that up.

@Shurah,

If you ever get overwhelmed or tired of the Nexus thread just let us know and we can set you up with a spot of your own here on STEP like we've done for Sheson, Ramccoid, and others.

Hello,

Here are some new informations:

Interaction with "Follower Overhaul" such as AFT, UFO, EFF
If you use UFO or EFF, your follower(s) won’t use the feature “Survival Instinct”
If you use AFT, you have the possibility to turn on/off the feature"Survival Instinct" for your follower(s). With AFT, "Survival Instinct" is activated by default, to disable it or to reactivate it, talk to your follower(s), go in the tweak menu, then in the combat menu, choose a combat style to disable it or choose 'None' to reactivate it.

How long a hostile will stay in front of a citizen's door?
Assuming you don't leave the area, this is determined by the following game setting: fCombatDetectionLostTimeLimit

How long a citizen remains in a combat state once he reached a hideout?
A citizen won't be in combat state anymore, if you kill his foe or if X minutes have past.
X is equal to the value set for fCombatDetectionLostTimeLimit

Once a citizen is no more in a combat state, how long it takes for him to leave his hideout?
With the default time scale, it takes him between 1 & 120 secondes.

What value did you set for fCombatDetectionLostTimeLimit?
600 so 10 minutes. By modifying this value, you can get results completely differents. For example, at 60, you'll have citizens fleeing around you permanently during your fights. This will add a lot of chaos, some will like it, some won't.

• +1 1

It looks really good but breaks so many city, town, home and business improvement mods. Which is a shame as it gives the average citizen a much more fully fleshed life. For me STEP is the foundation for my modding of Skyrim rather than the finished build.
My current mod list for Whiterun consists of the following "lore friendly" mods:

JK's Whiterun

Whiterun Gatehouse and Walls Restored
Breezehome FullyUpgradable

Arcadias Mystical Cauldron
Belethors Overrated Goods
The Real Warmaidens

Carlotta's Market Stall Fix Whiterun

I am wondering how difficult would be to patch these mods to work with CIAO? Some of them such as Breezehome FullyUpgradable aren't actively developed any more and would require a 3rd party patch.

Looks like Breezehome FullyUpgradable is compatible and Dawn of Whiterun is also compatible so I could replace JK's Whiterun with that it just leaves the interior shops which aren't critical. it would be nice if @Shurah could give us 3rd party mod patching guide. I might try patching myself if it doesn't contain any artsy stuff.

I am going to start a new profile with just the Carlotta fix, BFU and Dawn of Whiterun and see how it feels and plays.

I am currently about halfway through reading all the post for the mod on Nexus, though 50% percent of them are ignoring the FAQ and asking if it is compatible with JK's Whiterun and ETaC.

• +1 1

Thanks shurah for a great mod. I tried it without city mods and it is amazing. I am glad that you are planing to make ETaC patch. I saw JK's post that he will look into making JK's skyrim more compatible with Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul. Many of us here on STEP forum following REGS pack https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide which recommends ETaC complete without inn and JK's Skyrim major cities only.

Edited by darkside

Many thanks also, I just arrived at Riverwood and the changes are subtle but make the place feel alive. I won't give spoilers but it is already a must have for me.

Couple of minor points:
While arriving with Ralof and talking to Gurder and Hod. Sigrid, Dorthe and Frodnar were having lunch on the stump it seemed weird to have them sitting there Imperial sympathisers when talking about the ambush, Ulfric and escaping Helgen.
Secondly I did the crafting intro quest and Alvor did his leaning back on the post and commenting routine. Gurder came and occupied the same spot and they clipped.

Top marks for fixing the Camilla pathing issue always drove me mad. If you prefer I can post issues possible bugs in Nexus?

Making the ELE patch for the STEP recommended version is super easy. Only five records need to be combined. I could post any simple patches like that if they are useful. Otherwise anyone can pretty make them in xEdit in about 5 five minutes.

As for a Relighting Skyrim/ELE patch, you don't need one for both since the ELE patch should cover everything.